“A wonderfully quiet hotel and easy to find!”
Review of Hotel Agli Artisti

Hotel Agli Artisti
Ranked #305 of 385 Hotels in Venice
England
“A wonderfully quiet hotel and easy to find!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It is (almost) around the corner from the train station, which made me a little nervous at first due to the anticipated noise, however it was wonderfully quiet and calm, the alley was easy to find - a boon after stepping off the train at about 10pm.

We had booked a room with shared bathroom facilities, don't be put off by this is was quite pleasant - I certainly saw nothing untoward and the facilties were very clean at all times. The bedroom itself was spacious with plenty of room for our clothes etc, we had room to spread out. There was air conditioning and I found it easy to operate. The bed was large and comfortable - what more could you need?

Breakfast was great, there was a large choice of items, almost every wish was catered for - I'm sure some people will wish to disagree but I found it to be an excellent choice. The staff were always on-hand and were tremendously polite and helpful.

I found it's location to be perfect, I came to Venice to see the famous "sights" but also to get a "feel" for the normal day-to-day Venice and this was close enough to those quieter areas so it wasn't too far to walk and far enough away from the busier areas for me not to be fazed by them.

All in all a lovely hotel in a plesant area of Venice.

1 Thank marshypops

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Located very close to the train station and right next to a load of shops / restaurants, the hotel is very easy to find. A lot of people seem to comment that the hotel is in the perfect location and close to all the sights, but the truth is you can be anywhere on the main Venice island and be close to everything. You can walk across it in 30 minutes!

Rooms small and no frills. Include a free plug in Mosquito repellent with tablets which was a nice touch (and a necessity in Venice!) but otherwise completely standard. A bed, a towel, a wardrobe and that's about it.

Service was good. Always someone available if you need anything.

All in all, nothing special, but nothing exceptionally bad either. Fine for a short stay or if you're on a budget and you get a good price. Nothing worth seeking out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Skyly
Gemsaloola
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel was our first stop on Italy trip. We arrived at around 9:30pm, before we travelled I contacted the hotel to let them know we would be late and they replied thanking me for letting them know. The location is perfect, a couple of blocks away from the train station and really easy to find after getting off the bus at the bus station.

We were located on the fourth floor, which was a bit of trek to get to, there's no lift, but we're young and fit so that wasn't a problem, during our stay we did help a couple of couples with their luggage as we passed on the stairs! If you can help people, help them! They'll appreciate it!

The room really good with everything we needed, a good shower, a comfortable bed and storage space.

Breakfast in the morning was a subdued affair, it was very quiet! The coffee is amazing and there's plenty of choice so even fussy eaters won’t go hungry.

Really enjoyed it. Although the older guy that manned the front desk at night was a little grumpy!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I booked here for 4 nights a couple of years ago during the Easter long weekend. We flew to Treviso airport and got the bus down, so to drop straight into the bus station / car park, cross two bridges and find yourself pretty much at the hotel was great.

I was a little apprehensive when we arrived, as I'd looked up the hotel and thought I knew where it was - upon arrival I couldn't stop the street it was on at all! After a careful look I realised that it's on what appears to be a gap in the buildings on the main street, which then widens up to a proper street. I also noticed the large church just over from the street, and the busy street that this is adjacent to - I can happily say that once you are through the 'gap' and into the little street that this hotel is on, there really is next to no noise. It's lovely being so close to the action but not being disturbed by it!

It's also pretty much opposite one of the only bridges to cross the Grand Canal (fantastic), the train station and the waterbus station for the train station (La Ferrovia) and the only car park / bus station. Really cannot complain about that, especially for the price. Venice is a very walkable city, but even so little things like that really do make the difference, especially if you need to shift your luggage as well.

We had a space for our luggage to stay on our last day after we checked out, at no extra cost which was great. There is no lift, but they don't advertise one so you can't complain about things like that! When we arrived, they were still cleaning our room so we waited maybe 5 minutes - again, why would I complain that someone is making sure my room is clean & tidy? The room was maybe a little too small for the double bed and the sink and the wardrobe (if you're washing your hands/face and the other person is opening the wardrobe, you need to wait or climb over the bed) but that's part of the charm.

Breakfast was varied, croissants, yoghurts, cereals etc. We got up really early one morning and went to the Basillica before everyone else, came back to a still early breakfast - no trouble for anyone. Happy smiley staff, didn't really ask anything of them to be honest but didn't feel like we couldn't. Some rooms have ensuite, I think most have a shared facility - don't think I ever saw anyone else trying to use the bathroom (or really any other guests other than at breakfast, never heard them, not sure where they all were but they did appear in the morning!) and both on our floor were clean, tidy and the one closest to our room was really quite large.

Overall, I really think this is great value, especially for the location which I doubt you could beat - I wouldn't want to be right in St Mark's Square, for example as I'd rather arrive and not walk too far with my luggage!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pollydoodler
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had booked this hotel for one night before our cruise from Venice, and since we were arriving late at night, all I was hoping for was a comfortable bed at the end of a long day. The closeness to the train station was very attractive to us, as we were looking for convenience and not luxury.
What happened is that when we arrived at the hotel past 10pm, after a very long day of travel, we were told we had been "upgraded" to a private apartment. Now, said apartment was blocks away from the the hotel (and farther away from the train station), and although new and clean, its air conditioner was not enough to cool off the space. So instead of convenience, we received a very hot apartment farther away than where we hoped we'd have to take our luggage. We were given no explanation as to why this happened, and it seemed they expected us to be grateful for the "upgrade". My assumption is that they overbooked the rooms and sent us there instead. If we were staying for a few more days, the apartment would have been a great gift. But just for one night intended for rest and comfort, it ended up being a hassle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank safbf
Agli_Artisti, Direttore vendite at Hotel Agli Artisti, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

thank a lot for your review. Actually we had a problem in the structure, that's why we sent you to an apartment (new, with a good a/c system). We apologize if you had to move so late in the night, but ufnortunately we had no chance of moving away somebody else.

Thanks

Giacomo
Venice
Reviewed July 19, 2012

More variety for breakfast, e.g. cheese, meat, fruit.... now there was only jam and nutella. An elevator for elderly people, for as an almost 70-year old guest I had to take the stairs to the 4th floor three times a day! Bathroom could be cleaner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Claude C
Dear Sir,

thanks a lot for your review. You remarked our weak points properly, but hopefully we are going to install a lift in November 2012, to avoid you carrying your bags upstairs next time you come visting us.

Regards