We where in Venice late may 2012 with a group of six. We had three double rooms on the fourth floor facing the alley the hotel is on.
Arriving at the hotel is easy. It is a two minute walk from the train station and a five minute walk from the main taxi stand. The main canal in Venice, Canal Grande, is less then a minute away but you won't see it from your hotel room. Also a 'bus' station on the canal is very near so public transport is easy to get on. Despite that it's so close the alley its on is quiet and you won't feel much of the huge groups of tourists that walk the streets around the grand canal daily.
The reception is basic, the staff is helpful and speaks english well. The rooms are somewhat out-dated but ours where ok but could definitely be better. One had no working airconditioning and the one I was in had a clean but microscopic bathroom. And please do realize there is NO elevator!
This hotel is just a place where you can go to sleep when your stuffed with delicious food and wine from one of the gazzilion good restaurants that Venice has to offer (although we didn't find a good restaurant near the hotel). The next day you get up and after a very basic breakfast (as is usual in Italy) join the hordes of tourists who flock the canals, rialto bridge and san marco square. So it does a fine job serving you a bed and a roof but it is nothing fancier than that. Then again, you won't need much more out of your hotel when your in Venice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book your room in a quiet 'Calle' of Venice placed only 100 meters from the railway station! You can reach the most important tourist attractions by feet, and you are in the middle of the city life too! Our hotel is a very intersting place to stay, since it gives the tourist the opportunity to visit the most beautiful city of the world without spendind a huge amount of money. Indeed our interest is to sell as more as we can by imposing fees which are competitive if compared to those of other venice Hotels. Our room are well furnished, they supply air conditioning, tv, telephone, restroom with shower or bath (private bathroom inside or ourside, or sharing bathroom on the floor) and hairdryer, balcony. They are distributed on four floors (without lift at the moment). We are now building the breakfast room, in order to make your holiday in Venice better and better (it should be ready during September). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Agli Artisti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alloggi Agli Artisti Venice
- Alloggi Agli Artisti Hotel Venice