“Great flavors!”

Suso Gelatoteca
Ranked #1 of 88 Dessert in Venice
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: Suso is passionate about sourcing the best ingredients about offering natural products about satisfying each and every customer’s taste about friendly service. Suso cares about not using artificial colorants food intolerances environmentally friendly materials offering seasonally related products. Suso is original because it is Venetian because it is constantly creating new flavours because it has a unique location.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Recommended by our tour guide in Venice (she was born and raised, and after she left us I saw her go back and get some herself!) This is near the Rialto bridge on the San Marco side of the canal. Amazing gelato with unique flavors. I had the Suso (toffee and caramel flavor) with dark chocolate and it was delicious. You do have to pay a little extra for the dark chocolate, but it was worth it! Highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We liked this place a lot. We had gelato every single day when we were in Italy and this one was really, really good. I think it had some of the more unique flavors we tried anywhere. The quality of the gelato was not the best we had but it was toward the top of the list. My husband fell in love with the sour cherry pistachio (delicious) and I LOVED the Opera (vanilla gelato base with a THICK Nutella-type fudginess on top - omg). Definitely worth a stop when wandering around Venice!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

A lonely planet recommendation, we made this gelato stop towards the end of our two week visit to Italy and this was right up there with the very best ice cream in Italy. Excellent mango flavor and the caramel was just as good. Fantastic!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Go eat some of this gelato! Aside from being absolutely delicious, and having a wide range of types and flavours - the staff are SO lovely. I spend ages trying to figure out what flavours I wanted (they all looked amazing) and they were friendly and happy for me to take my time.... I haven't come across this kind of patience yet while in Italy!
We went 3 times, and still wanted more haha.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon Suso by misstake and I'm very happy I did! I've been here 3 times already in only 12 hours. Their Frutto on Stecca is to die for!! And the gelato to, the pistacho is my favorite..yet! 36 hours left and many more flavors and visits here. Amazing staff to! Excellent! Go there :D