“Tastiest Gelato in Venice”
Review of Gelateria il Doge

Gelateria il Doge
Ranked #10 of 86 Dessert in Venice
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: In the eastern corner of the Campo Santa Margherita square, it is run by two cousinswho make their own seasonal gelatos and ices, and it has to be one of the the very best gelaterias in Venice! Read your forum for more on this one.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I tried the gelato at il Doge after having tasted quite a few and honestly there was no comparison. You can really taste the quality and the freshness of the ice cream. The flavours are incredible, I especially enjoyed the chocolate with chillies.

There are newer reviews for Gelateria il Doge

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Started with just chocolate. Was so good had to try other flavors. Crema del Doge is my new favorite. Staff were very kind and helpful.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place was hard to find! No brass band to guide you there but there should be. I had the flagship, " Il Doge" gelato. It was the best gelato of my life. I ate enough of it and took enough notes I am confident I can make it at home. Or at least die trying.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We recently returned from a two week trip in Italy...where we managed to eat gelato EVERY SINGLE DAY. Sometimes twice because that's how we roll. Il Doge turned out to be our favorite in Venice (and we tried a few). Fresh ingredients, great flavor, creamy texture - very high end. My kids still talk about this one. I did my research ahead of time to find the best in every city we went to and we never had bad gelato - but there were some that were really just far above the rest and this is one of them. The kids begged to go back ONE LAST TIME late at night the night before we left. Of course, I said "yes" :). Go there...you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This wonderful spot has the best soy gelato in Venice! They offer hazelnut and chocolate! The family that owns it are super nice!
It is a must!! It is also located in a lovely area!

1  Thank Lisa L