WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: In the eastern corner of the Campo Santa Margherita square, it is run by two cousinswho make their own seasonal gelatos and ices, and it has to be one of the the very best gelaterias in Venice! Read your forum for more on this one.
Newport, Oregon
“Our Daily Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our favorite. We went daily when we were in Venice. Sometimes more than once a day. The guy who helped us was the same every day and he was really helpful and friendly. You can't go wrong-it's all delicious. My favorite was the Limon Granitas, but the Gelatos were all amazing too! Perfect place to grab a treat and stroll the streets.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FeedingGirl

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“I love this gelato”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

By the time my husband and I had been in Venice for 30 hours, I had been to Il Doge 4 times! I knew it from a previous visit, so headed right there since Campo Santa Margherita is very close to where we were staying. There are many typical flavors, but also some house specialites. There was often a line of people waiting for gelato, and many of them were locals.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BeverlyZ1008
“BEST ice cream in venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Real artisan ice cream produced freshly on site every morning. You can tell. Delicious, rich flavours. Just the right consistency of creamy yet no where near gunky. Having sampled all the gelaterie I passed, and knowing quite a bit about ice cream - Il Doge was truly the best I found in all the city!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Coco_the_traveller
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Tasty stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

There's little to say about gelato side stands except that this one has about a dozen delicious flavours organised roughly between fruit and creamy based gelato. We had a dark cherry, chocolate and hazelnut one (3 different flavours in one cup) and a mixed berry, strawberry and lemon. Each were delicious and had a strong genuine flavour - ie not artificial flavouring. These set us back €7 all together.

Highly recommend if you're in the area. Cheaper than ordering dessert in the neighbouring restaurants to much en route home or to another site.

1 Thank lcollens
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Best Ice Cream Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Loved the Ice Cream, the best I have tasted yet. I have promised myself I will never buy cheap ice cream again!

• Visited November 2012