Foscari Palace
  • Restaurant
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
$188
$175
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$374
$331
Agoda.com
$810
Londra Palace
1,181 results
All reviewsgrand canalroof terracevaporetto stoprialto bridgegondola ferryfish marketstrada novawater taxismall balconiesjacuzzi tubcanal viewjunior suitebreakfast buffetwonderful hotellarge roomcold cutsst marks square
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Arrived at canal entrance by water taxi and had this great experience ruined by a doorman who scowled at us. We tried to overlook that but then experienced the terse response of the receptionist Tatiana who clearly was annoyed because we disturbed her.
After settling into our room we wanted a drink and to sit out in the little area on the water by the canal. Not a waiter to be seen and we were told abruptly by reception that the bar was not open - at 1pm!?
The Great Suite Foscari did not live up to it's name. Room very outdated, dark and really quite horrible. Very disappointed there were no canal facing windows in bedroom. No double bed and the two singles were very hard. Not a nice room at all.
Worst of all was the Jacuzzi bathroom. From the last comment it looks as though we had the same unfortunate experience with the Jacuzzi - we also had to mop up the water with towels for the 3 days we were there. Nothing was done and the 'terse' receptionist was once again rude about it.
The manager was not available to talk to at any time of day.
The hotel location is away from the main area so is quieter but very little open in the way of restaurants and bars nearby so not a good area in the winter months.
This hotel is a complete waste of money. The bedroom is a let down and not at all romantic (and I paid for the best in the hotel), the hotel does not have a nice ambience, pleasant staff, or an open bar during the day.
Would not stay here again and would not recommend it to others. For the price there must be many other hotels of far better standard. This hotel treats you as a 'tourist' and in my opinion takes advantage of the fact very few return to Venice - hence the cold, rude ambience of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CessnaDave
Reviewed March 2, 2013

For the first time in years I have been 'fooled'' by comments from Tripadvisor - most unusual. Looking at comments the last 29 reviews back to February 2012 ALL HAVE 5 EXCELLENT'S!!!! I did not notice this before booking.

We stayed for 4 nights Saturday 23 - Wednesday 27 February 2013.

This hotel plays on it's credits mainly being centrally located within easy reach of everything and out of the noise of the main tourist area. I agree with this, however don't be fooled. I booked and paid well in advance, based on TA comments, for the Foscari Suite for a surprise 'romantic' birthday treat for my husband. Based on other 'rave reviews' we were really looking forward to the suite. What a disappointment! The bedroom has two side windows and tiny balcony's with barely a view of the canal and it is impossible to stand on the balcony. The room had four large chairs, the bed was actually 2 singles pushed together and dressed as singles - where's the 'romance' in that? The beds were hard with one flat pillow each. However after 3 requests, we were given two extra pillows.

The next room was a large living area with two oversized exercise machines in it. This room is the width of 6 windows across the front of the hotel - a comment from one reviewer who said how wonderful this suite was for her parents which actually sold it to me. We all have different opinions but this room was useless, Apart from the machines, the windows were too high so when you are seated all one see is sky! Seating enough for 8 people for a suite for 2!

The last part of the 'suite' was the tiny bathroom. Luxurious it is not! The Jacuzzi does not work, some of the shower heads are blocked and do not work and the bath leaks badly to the point of having to use all the towels and dressing gowns to soak up the water each day. The bath is tiny, old and in need of replacing. Anyone larger than small would not fit in this bath.

We talked to Tatiana on the second day Sunday and told her the jaccuzi did not work, the bath leaked and some of the shower jets were blocked . She said she would get someone to look at it. We returned to our room, no note, but still the same problems. In short we complained to Tatiana every day. On Tuesday Guiseppe - the miserable po faced unsmiling 'doorman' came to our room and attempted to fumble around and said it was now working. We asked him to stop the leak and he said '"this was normal". That evening we returned to our room to find double the amount of towels to mop the floor with! - 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 3 bath mats.

A warning also that the room above ours is very noisy because there are no carpets on the floor. 3 out of the 4 nights we were awoken by the guests upstairs being noisy. This fell on the deaf ears of reception.

The ONLY member of staff who was cheerful, helpful and couldn't do enough was the lady in the breakfast room whose name I didn't get unfortunately however the breakfast was very good.

The Jacuzzi was out of order, the shower heads blocked and the bath leaked for the 5 days we were there. We spoke to Tatiana on leaving the hotel and I asked her to come to the room to see the soaking wet towels on the floor - she refused. She was also extremely rude when I asked for one day's refund of 170 euros. She 'had to ask the manager', who wasn't around, but Tatiana promised me he would email me.

No response from Mr Dante Zefrido of the Hotel Bellearti - Hotel Manager or from Mr Paolo Zefrido (no relation I am told) from the Foscari Palace. I did however have a reply from my email to Mr Dante Zefrido from Lisa Vianello - reception. This lady was not around for the 5 days we were there but replied to me the gist being 'that they did their best now go away'.

All in all this is the worst hotel experience for many a year and we use at least 12 hotels a year.
I fail to see how 29 5* comments over the last year are all so perfect.

There was no staff during the day whatsoever other than one person on reception mainly the miserable Tatiana. Biscuits were in the lounge but no drinks. No bar person to serve drinks at any time of day be it coffee or beer. This seriously is not a hotel to enjoy. Our stay in this hotel was terrible when Tatiana knew this was part of a present for my husband's birthday. To employ such rude miserable staff is unbelievable.

I invite either Mr Dante Zefrido the General Manager or Mr Paolo Zefrido to respond to me on Tripadvisor instead of hiding behind a receptionist who was not at the hotel during our stay.

Although there are a lot of good comments believe me do not waste your money on this hotel.

Room Tip: The suite did not have good views unless you stood up with nose to window.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Wyld0ne
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I fell in love with Venice as soon as we hit the Grand Canal! It engulfed both of us, so grand, so romantic, just stunning. The Foscari Palace Hotel is in a perfect position for the exploration of Venice. Our room overlooked the Grand Canal with the Rialto Market straight across from us. The whole place crept into my soul and has stayed there. Quite simply I tell you that you must go there. It would be so sad to think anyone would miss this experience, although I do appreciate the fact that I was very lucky to be able to do so! Please God, I may return one day. :) fiona

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fiona b
Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was my first time in Venice and i had a wonderful experience there. Foscari Palace was indeed a perfect palace for me and my girlfriend. Foscari Palace is a beautiful and has good and hospitable and helpful employees.The room that i've stayed was 201 and it was big and clean and has a balcony facing the Grand Canal. It was magical and really a paid off effort as i really spend along time deciding which hotel could accomadate my stay in Venice.The staff there are very helpful especially Divna who is always there in the moring and very polite to answer any questions. Foscari Palace is located along the Grand Canal which is The Ca' Doro Vaporetto Stop. If you want to travel to Murano and Burano Island , Fondamenta Nuove is just like 10-15 mins walk from the chapel on the right from the palace. St. Marks Square is about 10 - Mins Walk and Rialto is 7mins away from Foscari Palace. The location is really perfect. I don't deny that the rooms are slightly pricey compared to the rest but definitely worth the experience. Everyting was working well in the room. I went in Jan'13 and the weather was very cold but the hot water was good. Sufficient Towels and Bathrobes. Bed was perfect for me, after the long walks in Venice, it was comfortable. Breakfast was sufficient and cuppaccino was good. I love Venice and will definitely come back and stay in Foscari Palace. MacDonalds is just opposite the hotel if you turn left from the entrance. I highly recommend this hotel for their location and hospitable.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 is good.Corner room are spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It had been a few years since our last visit to Venice, and we wanted to stay someplace special. Foscari Palace exceeded our dreams. On the first morning we awoke to hear a gondolier singing on the grand canal just outside our room. The canal view rooms, while more expensive, offer endlessly entertaining sights and sounds. The room was very comfortable, the beds were great, and the bathroom was well appointed. The pillows were somewhat thin and hard - this was our only complaint. Breakfast was good but not special. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the location is absolutely unbeatable. We would highly recommend Foscari Palace for a special stay in Venice.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Grand Canal, while more expensive, are not to be missed.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple