“Lives up to name” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Edmonton, Canada
“Lives up to name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed for one night prior to boarding a cruise. The hotel is well situated within walking distance of St Mark's sqaure and on a small canal.
It is small and queit. The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds comfortable.
Breakfast was well done.
It might strat to feel a little cramped overall if staying longer.
I wish our hostess was a little more informed about access to the cruise terminal but she was trying to be heloful.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DD724, Proprietario at Charming House DD724, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for the very kind review.
We are all here a team and we work every day to better ourselves in order to be able to answer to any requests our guests have.
I hope to have you again as guests.
Best,
Chiara Bocchini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

This was a cool hotel, tucked in a corner near the Peggy Guggenheim Museum. I was afraid from the pictures that is was really dark, but it was not and we enjoyed our stay. The room was much larger than I expected after Rome and we found it perfectly situated for exploring the magical city.

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comment, I am happy you have appreciated our rooms, which we care for to the to the most minute details, in order to make the stay of our guest as pleasant as possible.
I try to make each room more interesting by using works of contemporary art of Italian artists, such as Gianni Tarli, Stefania Orru, Raimondo Galeano, Piero Roi, Terenzio Eusebi and others.
I hope toh ave you again as guests in one of my Charming Houses.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We had a lovely time with you DD724
The staff is wonderful and make me feel very cared for at all times. The room was comfortable and clean, the location was perfect and the local bar on the corner was a perfect compliment. I would definitely stay there again.

Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Would thoroughly recommend. Very cosy Great hotel, great location. Delicious breakfasts and very friendly service.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

What a lovely little hotel. Hardworking, helpful staff. Delicious breakfast. Lovely, spacious, modern rooms (plus a really great shower!). Quiet neighborhood with easy access to transport and other parts of the city.The only problem was a serious lack of towel racks in the bathroom. I will stay there again on my next trip to Venice.

Room Tip: My friends and I occupied 3 rooms - all lovely, with lovely views.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Charming House was a highlight for us in Venice. It's like a mini W Hotel in the best area of Venice. The room (Jr. Suite) was amazing and the neighborhood was perfect for us since we wanted to be far away from the masses in San Marco Square and close to the Peggy Guggenheim museum (another highlight). The staff was very friendly the breakfast options were perfect. If I had one wish I would have a hands free shower (I’m not a bath or hand held shower person). A tad pricey for us, but we knew it was high seaons and we took a chance and I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DD724, Proprietario at Charming House DD724, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and compliments to us all at Charming House DD724.
Our strength is definitely the location that is perfect, if you want to be in the heart of the city, but away from the masses and if you're a lover of art, the best there is Charming House DD724.
I really hope to see you back soon possible.
Warm regards,
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

I loved every detail about our stay at The Charming House! Perfect location, luxurious bathroom amenities, simple organic styling, yummy breakfast, great price... I could go on and on. I also think we were given a room upgrade and stayed in the DD694 annex, which was so nice! It feels like you have a quaint, stylish apartment in Venice. If we ever have the pleasure of going back to Venice someday, we will without a doubt be staying there again. In the meantime, I'll be highly recommending it to friends and family traveling to Italy because it was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple