“Comfortable and good value”

Novotel Venezia Mestre
Ranked #157 of 387 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. The location of the hotel was a little on the outskirts of Mestre but still very easy to access by public transport. There's a direct bus from Venezia to about 200m from the hotel until 21.00h, and after that you can get off a little further away and walk for about 10-15 minutes.

The rooms were neat and clean and our stay was comfortable, as expected from Novotel. Checkin and checkout was a breeze and we also got a room upgrade. The breakfast was pretty standard and filling. Venice is an expensive city so instead of staying on the islands and paying much much more, we decided this was a better option. I think we got very good value for what we paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Customer

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.
My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

Ettore Cavallino,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel recently. Generally I was quite satisfied from the hotel. However, since I often use Novotel chain in Europe, the breakfast buffet quality is slightly lower than in other hotels of the same brand Novotel (as example in Avignon, Monaco or in Wien) and since I expect every Novotel to provide same service and quality - this part was disappointing.
However, the personnel of the hotel is quite helpful and adequate, which is important when you are on a vacation with family or on a business trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is typical Novotel, my best prferences from Accor Group!
If you want standart services and don't like surprises, you must choose this hotel!
Besides this hotel also is a child firendly hotel.
(+) Clean and nice room, free internet, children wi-fi-playing area, location, car parking, complimentary tea-coffee, very good breakfast.
(-) Nothing

Room Tip: Early breaking (including breakfast) is the best solution for the value in Venice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Room is modern look, nice & spacious, toilet is big & clean, Bed comfortable, the room have 1 queen size bed and convertible sofa bed, can sleep 4 people.
We stay in room 612, the whole night can hear the vehicle noise.
Free wifi!
Breakfast included.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in Feb as part of tour group visiting Venice. Room layout and amenities were standard Novotel-style and pretty basic but clean. However, at this hotel paper cups were provided instead of proper glasses - I am sure this is not a standard practice in other 4* hotels! (or was it because the rooms were catered for tour groups?)

Breakfast selection was limited. Staff took a while to replenish finished food items.

Saving grace was free wifi - but it was slow and got disconnected several times. After a few attempts, I totally gave up.

Am sure there are other better hotels in the locality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience by responding to our survey.

We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.

We would like to reassure you we have already put in place the necessary measures to guarantee that the standard meets your expectations. We are ready to welcoming you again upon your next stay, trying then to regain your confidence.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was staying here and it was really nice but on the day we left we went out and my teddy ( I've had it for 11 years scince I was a baby ) was left on my pillow and when I came back it had gone. We looked EVERYWHERE but couldn't find it and we asked at reception and thy said they didn't know where it was an when we got back to England we rang a few times but they hadn't seen it ?! I think a cleaner must have taken it but I don't know why and I'm nearly 13 now but I will never get over losing my teddy :(

• Stayed: March 2012
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Client,
please accept our apologies for what happened, which I assure is not the standard, but an unfortunate exception.

We did a double check with the housekeeper and unfortunately we did not find anything.

We also tried to contact the laundry but his teddy was not found.

I kindly ask you to send me your address and we will send you a little present.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We decided, spur of the moment, to take a short trip to Venice from Paris in the middle of the summer. We quickly found we had three options (a) spend the price of a transatlantic airline ticket per night, (b) stay in a place with cots and shared toilets, or (c) stay somewhere outside of Venice. We quickly opted for the third, and even then we were very lucky to get a room.
It's hard to review this place fairly, since if it was in the outskirts of, say, Chicago, it was be quite average. BUT, given its proximity to Venice (a fairly short and very cheap bus ride after a short but nerve racking walk down the road) the somewhat "American-style" accommodations (pretty typical of Novotel, in fact) seem supremely luxurious. The rooms are big. clean, and comfortable, the breakfast is sufficient, the staff is friendly, and you really are close to Venice.
An added note--if you are coming by train, the Mestre station is quite close--maybe even walkable if you don't have little kids. The Venice airport is a very short cab ride.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Seth102966
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear ,