“I love Accor Hotels!”

Novotel Venezia Mestre
Ranked #159 of 387 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is typical Novotel, my best prferences from Accor Group!
If you want standart services and don't like surprises, you must choose this hotel!
Besides this hotel also is a child firendly hotel.
(+) Clean and nice room, free internet, children wi-fi-playing area, location, car parking, complimentary tea-coffee, very good breakfast.
(-) Nothing

Room Tip: Early breaking (including breakfast) is the best solution for the value in Venice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Customer

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.
My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.
Yours sincerely.

Ettore Cavallino,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,181)

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Room is modern look, nice & spacious, toilet is big & clean, Bed comfortable, the room have 1 queen size bed and convertible sofa bed, can sleep 4 people.
We stay in room 612, the whole night can hear the vehicle noise.
Free wifi!
Breakfast included.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Customer

Yours sincerely.

Ettore Cavallino,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in Feb as part of tour group visiting Venice. Room layout and amenities were standard Novotel-style and pretty basic but clean. However, at this hotel paper cups were provided instead of proper glasses - I am sure this is not a standard practice in other 4* hotels! (or was it because the rooms were catered for tour groups?)

Breakfast selection was limited. Staff took a while to replenish finished food items.

Saving grace was free wifi - but it was slow and got disconnected several times. After a few attempts, I totally gave up.

Am sure there are other better hotels in the locality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience by responding to our survey.

We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.

We would like to reassure you we have already put in place the necessary measures to guarantee that the standard meets your expectations. We are ready to welcoming you again upon your next stay, trying then to regain your confidence.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was staying here and it was really nice but on the day we left we went out and my teddy ( I've had it for 11 years scince I was a baby ) was left on my pillow and when I came back it had gone. We looked EVERYWHERE but couldn't find it and we asked at reception and thy said they didn't know where it was an when we got back to England we rang a few times but they hadn't seen it ?! I think a cleaner must have taken it but I don't know why and I'm nearly 13 now but I will never get over losing my teddy :(

• Stayed: March 2012
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Client,
please accept our apologies for what happened, which I assure is not the standard, but an unfortunate exception.

We did a double check with the housekeeper and unfortunately we did not find anything.

We also tried to contact the laundry but his teddy was not found.

I kindly ask you to send me your address and we will send you a little present.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We decided, spur of the moment, to take a short trip to Venice from Paris in the middle of the summer. We quickly found we had three options (a) spend the price of a transatlantic airline ticket per night, (b) stay in a place with cots and shared toilets, or (c) stay somewhere outside of Venice. We quickly opted for the third, and even then we were very lucky to get a room.
It's hard to review this place fairly, since if it was in the outskirts of, say, Chicago, it was be quite average. BUT, given its proximity to Venice (a fairly short and very cheap bus ride after a short but nerve racking walk down the road) the somewhat "American-style" accommodations (pretty typical of Novotel, in fact) seem supremely luxurious. The rooms are big. clean, and comfortable, the breakfast is sufficient, the staff is friendly, and you really are close to Venice.
An added note--if you are coming by train, the Mestre station is quite close--maybe even walkable if you don't have little kids. The Venice airport is a very short cab ride.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Seth102966
Ettore C, Direttore at Novotel Venezia Mestre, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear ,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hamdani82

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was the first Novotel we had stayed in, and from what I've heard is not reflective of the chain as a whole. Our son had stayed here on a previous trip and recommended for a place to stay near Venice for a couple of days before our family cruise to Istanbul. I can't say I was too impressed with anything about the place except it really looked solidly built. The contemporary lobby looked a little dated and a bit worn as did the entire facility. The clerks were helpful just enough to get by. The rooms were ordinary and rather drab with small windows facing the smallish pool and courtyard below.

Our granddaughter did love to play on the playground adjacent to the courtyard, although the swings, slides etc reflected the same tiredness as the rest of the hotel. It was clean and the bed was comfortable, and the price reasonable so it was OK for a couple of days.

We had dinner in the restaurant just because not much was available around the hotel. It was just OK and a bit expensive. The breakfast included in the room rate was filling... that's about it.

There were very few retail stores or restaurants within walking distance, but there was a market about a block away where you could stock up on cheap wine or beer etc. There is a bus stop with buses that would take you to town and Venice right across the street from the market. But you did feel isolated in a rather industrial, freeway crossed location.

All in all, it was average at best and If I had it to do over again, I would either find a place in downtown Mestre or find a location in Venice near the cruise terminal for a few extra bucks. I won't be coming back to this property unless every other hotel of worth is full.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear,

My team and I are really grateful for your kind feedback.

In our website is well indicated the location of the hotel, the bus stop to Venice is 400 meter far away and the bus start each 30 minuts.