“Great stay in Venice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #158 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Christchurch
“Great stay in Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of the Italian leg of our honeymoon. We wanted to stay in Venice but weren't keen on paying premium prices at the bigger hotels. Ca'san polo was wonderful. The hotel emailed us a map prior to our arrival which was very useful in navigating the streets of Venice to get there. When we arrived the woman on the front desk was very helpful providing a map and details on how to get to key city sites. When she saw my husband (who is 6ft5) couldn't quite stand up in the original room they had us in she promptly moved us up to the top floor to a room with a vaulted ceiling which was ideal. All the staff we met on reception were lovely and very helpful in suggesting good local restaurants etc to try. The location was great - short walk to Rialto bridge, train station and near vaporetto stops. We would love to come back and stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Lauren S
casanpo, staff at Ca' San Polo, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Lauren
we thank you so much for your positive comment. We are really happy to have contributed to the good outworking of your honeymoon! You are more than welcome here whenever you will decide to come back to Venice. Thank you again

The staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ca San Polo is warm and inviting. I stayed 5 nights in March. The room had everything I needed: nice décor, modern bathroom, hot pot for water, mini-fridge, safe, and double-glazed windows to keep out street noise. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is excellent – away from the crowds, but close enough for walking to the Rialto Bridge and the San Toma vaporetto stop. It’s a little hard to find, but the hotel gives excellent instructions.
I was surprised to read that some folks were bothered by street noise. My room was on the street side. On Saturday night there was a steady stream of happy (not rowdy) people passing under my window. I opened the window a few times and heard the happy din, but when I closed the window the sound was almost completely muffled. I'm a light sleeper, and I wasn't bothered at all.
I would happily take Ca San Polo with me to other cities. I felt very comfortable and at home.

Room Tip: I had a room on the street side. I think it was #24. No problem with noise, but it was March, and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank hrsch
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I reserved a room for two nights as a side trip from a long stay in Rome. This spot was perfect for us. A clean, well maintained room, with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom, and run by very friendly, helpful people. It is a short walk to a supermarket (Billa), a super local pizza joint (pizza 2000), a great place for cappuccino and cornetto (Bucintoro) in the morning, and several good trattorie for dinner. Our take on Venice is to get up early and head out to the various sestieri of Venice and see the city going to work, and school, and appreciate the logistics of a city being supplied from waterways. San Marco is interesting and the rest is amazing.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Nasorosso
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Ca' San Polo.

Location was great with lots of shops and places to eat all around. The water bus was a quick 5 minute walk and a super convenient way to get around (highly recommend a multi day pass). Staff was very friendly, room was clean and spacious. My only complaint was the noise from outside. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper like me :) Also, the shower is very small so if you are 6'+ it'll be a tight squeeze.

I also recommend buying breakfast out of the hotel. It's cheap and tastes amazing!

Overall it was a great experience and I have no problems recommending this hotel... Especially if you are on a tight budget

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank rckwng
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

After arriving in beautiful Venice at the local Alilaguna stop, the hotel was a little bit tricky to find but with the help of technology (mobile) became no problem. We were soon taken by the friendly staff & the old fashioned decor of the hotel. The room was spacious, clean & the bathroom was also of a reasonable size. The only problem was with the hotel WiFi, it could only be picked up in the corner of the room but being provided for free this didn't become to much of an issue. The hotel is nicely situated very close to the Rialto Bridge & from there not to far to St Mark's Square, with lots of places to eat & shop along the way. In the evening the area was quiet & out of the rush of the busy tourist areas. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & if given the chance would return to Venice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deanoaky
Eagan, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in a superior room at Ca' San Polo. We found

-- the room nicely decorated
-- a refrigerator in the room which was a nice surprise
-- the bathroom clean and quite spacious
-- staff very friendly and helpful
-- the location minutes from a vaporetto stop
-- a good selection of bread, yogurt, fresh fruit, meat and cheese for breakfast

The location is good. The vaporetto stop is only one bridge away which is helpful when you are carrying luggage. I would highly recommend taking the vaporetto over walking. There are any bridges to cross if walking from the train station. There is a grocery store, good sandwich shop, and restaurant nearby.

The staff was by far the friendliest and most helpful we encountered during our 10 days in Italy. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and even opened breakfast up early so that we could get something to eat before catching our train. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank mnSportsFan1
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

At the very last minute I found a good deal at Ca' San Polo during the carnival so booked for 2 nights.

The room and the bathroom are ok: clean, but on the smallish side as is quite common in Venice.
Not so common but very good were the extra pillows that were provided and the kettle in the room. The bed was comfortable enough. The room was very warm and setting the wall thermostate to "cool" does not do the trick: the control on the radiator has to be switched off (ask the staff). Breakfast was ok-ish.

What really stood out was the lovely staff: they were without exception very helpful, friendly and went out of their way to make the guests happy.

The only negative I found was the noise from outside. My room faced the through street on the other side of the building, and even with the windows closed the noise went on all night. Surely this had something to do with the fact it was carnival, I don't know how busy the San Polo area gets at other times of the year.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room on the same side as the front door of the building.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple