All reviewsmestre stationvisit venicewifibathroomlidoeuro
Reviewed October 26, 2016

I was very pleased with the two nights I stayed. I arrived late in the evening and the gentleman at the desk was waiting for me to arrive which was great. The bus driver didn't know where it was but I found a very nice man on the bus that knew the place and he showed me where it was. The hostel isn't the newest but it was clean and there was a bathroom for our room. I enjoyed meeting everyone that shared the room and it was a great experience. About a 10 minute walk to the train station that was only a Euro to catch the train to Venice. The gentleman at the desk was very helpful on where to go, what to see and how to get there and recommended a couple of restaurants in the area. When I travel I prefer to spend my money on what to see in the area rather than an expensive hotel and this was perfect for me.

Room Tip: Has A/C but we had the windows open. I found traveling on the train easier than taking the bus.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank Paula5210
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

stayed here for 3 nights. First of all its a VERY BASIC hostel. No atmosphere! There is a common room; very small, (compared to other hostels I've stayed at) you can charge your phone in the common room from a large shared set of outlets. Wifi works good in here. There is a fridge, vending machine, and coffee maker machine. A couch and some small cube like chairs to sit on. This is not a party hostel. Half the people in my room were asleep by 11pm. Pretty clean room and bathroom. Only one bathroom in each shared dorm room. No lockers, which was disappointing. Wifi worked pretty well sometimes spotty in room since my was at the end of the hall. Staff was friendly, I hurt my foot and they tried to accommodate me as well as they could. They called a taxi for on my last day. About 12 mins walk to mestre Station and then a short ride to venice center from there. Hostel is in rather desolate area. Kinds of scary at night! But I made it! No restaurants near the hostel. There is a bar right around the corner from the hostel. Would prob stay here again since it's easy to get to Venice center and it's cheapest. Did meet a lot of people in the hostel. Don't think there's an age limit for this hostel. people in my room were def over 45 years old and snored terribly.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank mandy4press
Reviewed October 10, 2016

Because I need to catch up an early flight the next morning so I decided to stay here. Simple hostel. Wifi okay. For shower there are no places to put my stuff in the Washroom. Bus stop nearby to connect the city centre. Staying one night is okay and don't expect too much.

Room Tip: locations okay, simple rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Mavis M
Reviewed October 4, 2016

Lido is a wonderful Island to stay that is close to Venice but away from the crowds.
The hotel is close to the water taxi stop and close to restaurants and shopping. The room was a great size and very comfortable and accessible.
Breakfast was fantastic and we had a great view of the water and local life.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alisha_E1
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

If you want to stay in Marghera on your visit to Venice, this is a nice place to stay. Simple hotel, no breakfast. Free Wi-Fi. 5 minutes walking from Venice Mestre Station. The reception guy is really nice. We advised us on how to get to Venice in the best ways (train or bus), and he suggested us a great pizza place 2 minutes from the hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends