“Great value, great experience”

Bed and Breakfast Venezia
Ranked #95 of 473 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I searched probably every B&B in Venice (listed here on Tripadvisor and not only) as we were on a budget, and VE is quite expensive. Trust me when I tell you you won't find a better offer.
For a VERY small price we got a lovely big double room (en-suite), and breakfast.

- OWNER: Roberto is friendly and approachable, great at giving you info of any kind. A few days before arrival I was worried about the high tide, and he sent me fantastic info and resources for me to consult. In the room there's a booklet with plenty of tips and info about the city/how to get around.
If you need something, just ask Roberto, he'll try to help. He lent me a small but good hairdryer for example, and he allowed us to leave the bags in the B&B after checking-out.

- ROOM: big and clean; small bathroom, but very functional with a good shower. Plenty of storage space. Free wi-fi. Extremely quiet at night.

- BREAKFAST: decent enough, it could be improved. There isn't much choice, and I'm not a big fan of packed pastries. A couple more types of cereal would be nice for example. There was bread and cold meat though, which was lovely. As I said, it could be improved a bit, but for that price I really can't complain too much!

- LOCATION: St. Elena is the greenest area of Venice. Extremely quiet, residential, far away from the chaos of the city center, but a short walk to it. About 20' to San Marco. The walk is a lovely one, just walk along the coast, it's gorgeous.
If you are tired, you can take the vaporetto, which stops one minute from the B&B. There are some fast ones, but at least once, take the panoramic one (same price), that brings you as far as the train station in about one hour, going down the Gran Canale. Gorgeous.
Just opposite the B&B there's a cafè, where you can get coffee and sandwiches at a really good price. Nearby there's also a mini-market.

We had a lovely experience at B&B Venezia and I'd surely stay here again. I will also recommend it to my friends.

Grazie mille Roberto!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank AM10_2013

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was just thrilled with my accommodations with Roberto at B&B Venezia. The Laguna room, which I booked through airbnb, was exactly as depicted in the photos. It was spacious with plenty of light and a modern bathroom. The decor was carefully selected, and evoked the traditional Venetian opulence without feeling stuffy or overwhelming. The room is located on the ground/first floor, and has a window overlooking the park, where you can watch locals walking their dogs. The windows are mirrored for privacy but also have blinds and then a metal rolling security shutter that you close at night using a switch located in the room. The room was adequately heated, and had plenty of linens.

As for amenities: 1) I did bring my own hair dryer, and did not see one in the room, so if you need one ask Roberto whether it's available. 2) I brought my own wash cloth (face cloth) as most European hotels/apts/B&Bs don't have them. 3) I brought my own shampoo and conditioner, which were not provided in the room. They did provide soap and shower gel, though. 4) The tv didn't have English channels, but was a modern flat screen. If you bring a cord you can watch movies from your iPod/iPad or listen to music.

There were no other guest rooms on this floor, so the Laguna rooms felt like having my own private apartment. It is also the most recently renovated room. Roberto gives you a key to the front door, so you can come and go as you please without worrying about disturbing his family. He was friendly and helpful, but not the least bit intrusive.

The St Elena area is quiet and more residential, with fewer canals and more sidewalks. It is charming, and removed from the tourist throngs while still being a short 15 minute walk to the center. The B&B was a 2 minute walk on a paved sidewalk from the St Elena vaporetto station, which you can use to get anywhere, including Lido. The vaporettos are timely and easy to use.

Just across the small street is a cafe with great cappuccino, pastries, and a decent sized menu. A small block away is a market with cheeses, cured meats, bread, baked goods, wine, and other sundries. And there's a 24 hour vending machine area just at the entrance to the park. A ten minut walk away is Via Garibaldi, which has many restaurants and a big Coop grocery store.

Room Tip: The Laguna room, which I booked through airbnb, was exactly as depicted in the photos and felt like...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JAtlanta
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days and it was absolutely amazing. The rooms were amazing, cleant daily and very well managed. This B&B is at St Elena which is about 4 water bus stops from St marks's square or a quite walk over.

The hotel Roberto was excellent and very helpful in providing information on places to see, timings of the bus, etc. Loved the area around and far from the busy mad crowd at St marks's square.

Strongly recommend that you have your meals in and around St Marks' square and there aint too many good ones around here.

travelled in oct 2011

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WiniPooh
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The room was beautiful, cleaned daily and very well presented. It was situated in a great location - quick picturesque walk to St. Marks Square. Roberto helped with everything we could possibly have needed and was friendly and approachable. Everything was perfect and at a great price! Will definitely stay here again.

Chris

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chrisandairam
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here and had the most wonderful time! The hosts were gracious and helpful, and I absolutely loved St. Elena where the B&B is located. This is a quiet neighborhood, so you have to walk a bit to find a grocery store, but we preferred this area to the busier, touristy parts of Venice. However, it's still a reasonable walk to San Marco to check everything out. Highly recommend and look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha N
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this BnB for 3 nights in the superior double room which was very comfortable, warm in winter and spotlessly clean. The family have their own apartment in the same block so it felt very private.

We liked being away from Piazza St Marco and its touristy restaurants and touts. St Marco is a short walk away (20 mins max for us) and we enjoyed the walk and most of all exploring all the lovely and local parts of Venice in between.

We also like the little local cafe across the road which had no other tourists, the little fruit and vege shop round the corner and the local deli 30 seconds walk away and the butcher round the corner where we bought half a roast chicken one night (3 euro) for a picnic - he roasts potatoes with the chicken we wanted to try but they were sold out!

The area is very quiet especially at night but there are two great bars with lunch or dinner chichetti (Venetian bar snacks) 10 mins walk away - they are next to each other on a large local walking street called Via Garibaldi between the Arsenale and Giardini vaporetto stops (half way between St Marco and St Elena). One is called El Refolo and is great for lunch, the other two doors down (can't recall name) is great for dinner. Very local and excellent food that was great value (beats touristy restaurants for us) and tall bar stools and umbrellas where you can sit outside.

In short, an excellent choice if you don't mind a stroll.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank xhlgette
Reviewed November 6, 2012

3-nights from 6th-9th October 2012

We enjoyed our stay here, a tranquil locale with a varpoetta stop 100-150 yds away....only 6-7 minutes to San Marco.....30 mins walking.

Our room was on the second floor (however no lift/elevator) and it was very nice....king size (5 ft) bed, air conditioning, en-suite (small-ish shower) flat screen TV, free internet.

Roberto was charming and very helpful....La Mama was delightful and although she had no English & we no Italian, we still managed to have a couple of totally understandable conversations.

Due to the kitchen overhaul, we had breakfast in the cafe next door using vouchers supplied by Roberto....tea/coffee/hot chocolate, croissant/brioche, juice......quite sufficient for us.

We were happy with everything.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple