I searched probably every B&B in Venice (listed here on Tripadvisor and not only) as we were on a budget, and VE is quite expensive. Trust me when I tell you you won't find a better offer.
For a VERY small price we got a lovely big double room (en-suite), and breakfast.
- OWNER: Roberto is friendly and approachable, great at giving you info of any kind. A few days before arrival I was worried about the high tide, and he sent me fantastic info and resources for me to consult. In the room there's a booklet with plenty of tips and info about the city/how to get around.
If you need something, just ask Roberto, he'll try to help. He lent me a small but good hairdryer for example, and he allowed us to leave the bags in the B&B after checking-out.
- ROOM: big and clean; small bathroom, but very functional with a good shower. Plenty of storage space. Free wi-fi. Extremely quiet at night.
- BREAKFAST: decent enough, it could be improved. There isn't much choice, and I'm not a big fan of packed pastries. A couple more types of cereal would be nice for example. There was bread and cold meat though, which was lovely. As I said, it could be improved a bit, but for that price I really can't complain too much!
- LOCATION: St. Elena is the greenest area of Venice. Extremely quiet, residential, far away from the chaos of the city center, but a short walk to it. About 20' to San Marco. The walk is a lovely one, just walk along the coast, it's gorgeous.
If you are tired, you can take the vaporetto, which stops one minute from the B&B. There are some fast ones, but at least once, take the panoramic one (same price), that brings you as far as the train station in about one hour, going down the Gran Canale. Gorgeous.
Just opposite the B&B there's a cafè, where you can get coffee and sandwiches at a really good price. Nearby there's also a mini-market.
We had a lovely experience at B&B Venezia and I'd surely stay here again. I will also recommend it to my friends.
Grazie mille Roberto!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast Venezia is located in the most verdant discrict of Venice, an island of unspoiled serenity on the eastern shore of the city's fabled lagoon. Its most delight feature, however, may be the dreamlike vision of ancient Venice shimmering across the lagoon, especially as the sun sets behind the tower of San Marco and the great dome of Santa Maria della Salute. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bed and Breakfast Venezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Venezia Hotel Venice
- b&b Venezia