Eurostars Residenza Cannaregio
Hotel Colombina(Venice)
$186
$180
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$372
$161
$809
Londra Palace
1,012 results
All reviewsjewish ghettoconverted monasteryquiet areaminute walkwater busthe main areasoff the beaten trackmodern hotelvaporetto stopupgraded to a junior suitegrand canalcanal viewcost eurosfirst stopfamily roomlovely courtyardbars and restaurants
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is a good location to get away from the hustle and bustle of St Marks Square.

We stayed here as part of a tour group and thus avoided most of the issues mentioned in the other reviews regarding it being hard to find and the need to drag luggage over bridges. We were dropped right at the door by water taxi and our large bags were ported in and delivered directly to our rooms.

The room was very dark as reported by others and the layout of the bathroom was awkward. Otherwise very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was quite good with a very nice selection of fresh fruit - the kiwi was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank cjohn416
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived in Venice I was shocked. I should have known it was an extremely busy place but whoa! Shoulder to shoulder exiting the train station for multiple blocks. And then we turned a corner heading to our hotel and poof! Quiet, serene. It was great, on top of that we got a free upgrade on our room!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JasonA1983
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at the Residenza Cannaregio over the Easter weekend (3 nights). We decided to take the breakfast package since Italians don't really do breakfasts. Not the first time for us visiting Italy. We got the Junior Suite, which was clean, had all the amenities that we required, the bed was comfortable, and it was quiet. The lighting in the rooms is a bit dim as pointed out by other reviewers, and some items do need updates in the rooms. We picked this location because we wanted to be away from the main San Marco Square, it is just too crowded and loud there. We were 20 min walking distance from San Marco square and 20 min from the train station. Near the hotel were good small restaurants where the locals eat, which means you pay a lot less for good food vs. what you would pay the closer you get to the main tourist attractions. I would definitely consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: Worth taking the breakfast package if you are used to normal breakfasts.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sven J
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed over the Easter weekend and I worried it was not in the main part of Venice.
I was wrong, this hotel is tucked away in a wonderful location and great to come back to after a busy day. It takes a few minutes and your right in the thick of it. Good size room, comfy beds and helpful staff. Definitely one we would pick again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheehansgs
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We got this for a special price. If I were to go to Venice again and it was full price, I'd look somewhere else.

It's in quiet part of town. This can be good and bad. Very hard to locate, do not try it without a map.

We had booked a special for a canal view and didn't get that. I couldn't be bothered mentioning it, I was too tired to deal with it. The room stunk with an artificial fragrance smell. I'm sensitive to it. I opened the garden doors, to a point. The room is so small the doors hit the nightstand and bed. However, it was enough to clear the stink out. If it hadn't, we would have had to leave. We didn't have the room cleaned for the 3 days because I don't know what the heck they are using to clean with.

Further to size of the room, when my partner was sitting at the desk, the back of the chair was against the bed. You can't get past to the bathroom. You have to crawl over the bed. The toilet is in an awkward position right behind the bathroom door. Weird layout. The tub was great though, but narrow. If you are larger than average don't try for a bath.

Breakfast good for a 'breakfast included' price. I saw the regular price was 12 Euro/person. This I find ridiculous. For us it was included. Our in room Wifi was included as well.

The lack of lighting in the rooms is horrible!! You can't sit in bed and read without much difficulty. Trying to read our guidebook and map to plan the next was near impossible and very frustrating. Put some decent reading lamps by the bed!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple