“Perfetto!”

Locanda Ca' Le Vele
Ranked #4 of 230 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Locanda Le Vele is a gem of a place and feel fortunate to have stayed again. I love it so much I have stayed at Locanda Le Vele for a total of 56 nights in 5 years.
I do not understand the comment made by Singapore_Quek regarding shabby room. The rooms at Locanda Le Vele are decorated in typical venetian style. The wallpaper, murano glass, furniture and bedding is venetian style. Most of the hotels, Inns and B&Bs have the same venetian decor. Ivan & Max provide exceptional service to their guests. I have always stayed in the beautiful ground floor room with murano glass lighting, large comfortable bed and ensuite bathroom. I was surprised at my stay this year because they renovated this suite into a larger suite. Ivan & Max converted two rooms into a larger suite. They were extremely busy getting the room ready for my arrival and had just completed the renovation the day before my arrival. The room has a new luxurious bathroom with seamless glass shower with rain shower on the ceiling and another shower wand. The room has new marble flooring and room for a table and two chairs in venetian style. There is a new flat screen t.v., wardrobe closet, new murano lighting and exposed high beam ceiling. What a surprise for my arrival. Ivan and Max knew I had mobility problems and would run up and down the stairs to give me my keys to my room. Locanda Le Vele is a quiet oasis in a perfect sestiere Cannaregio. There are great restaurants nearby and Le Vele is only few steps to the Ca d'Oro vaporetto stop. If you want to stay in an authentic venetian style Inn with exceptional service Locanda Le Vele is the place to stay. Ivan and Max are very kind and ensure their guests have an enjoyable stay. When I arrive I am always greeted with a kind smile. Ivan & Max always have a beautiful bouquet of flowers in my room which is an example of the attentiveness to their guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anonymous154943

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was the 2nd time in 12 months I have stayed here and I had forgotten how beautifully the room was furnished and decorated, and what a top notch bathroom with a very strong shower flow. It didn't matter to me that the room did not have a canal view. On both occasions I have stayed there for several nights which gives you plenty of time to get to know the feel the place. I have stayed many times in Venice (about 20 times over the last 6 years or so), sometimes to return to a hotel I have stayed at before or sometimes to try a hotel in a different sestriere. My room, at the Ca le Vele was a large single (for Venice) with a big double bed, and beautiful Murano glass light fittings in the ceiling and on the wall either side of the bed. I have to say that the bedroom and the bathroom were the cleanest I have come across on all my visits to Venice. The two young men and their father who run the place are very friendly and helpful. They deliver a typical Italian breakfast to your room at precisely the time you asked for the previous evening. Both the hotel and the street outside are very quiet, surprisingly so as they are located yards away from the Ca D'Oro vaporetti stop and the busy shopping Street Nuova Strada
To get there from Marco Polo Airport, I bought a 7 day transport ticket via veniceconnect.it on the web before I arrived (a worthwhile investment as single trips are extremely expensive). I took the no 5 ACTV bus from immediately outside the Arrivals to Piazza Roma (about 25 minutes) then caught a No 1 Vaporetti from there to Ca D'Oro. Smple journey, with no bridges to lug your suitcase over. Word of warning, all the water buses are very crowded and you get jostled quite a bit.
Highlight of my trip this time was to visit the wonderful Palazzo Grimano where there is currently an amazing Canaletto exhibition with extracts from his sketchbooks, some wonderful painting and his camera obscure. It is very well curated in both English and Italian, costs onl 6 euros to get in and I had the place to myself.

I hope to return to the Ca le Vele again next year (to vist the Venice Biennale) as it is now very firmly on my list of best and friendliest places to stay in Venice. Thank you Ca le Vele for making it a special stay for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank marinablue
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Loved this hotel! Very centrally located - can walk to St. Mark's and all major attractions. Elegantly decorated, very modern bathroom, and a lovely breakfast delivered to our room each morning. Hosts were very helpful in suggesting restaurants and ordering tickets, etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

The location is good, a short walk from the main tourist areas but located in a quiet alley. It has its charms with the main rooms facing the canal. I had a smaller room which looked inward onto the entrance and staircase. Everything in my room looked old and used except for the bathroom which was clean and had a strong shower. There is no air conditioning so I had to open my doors and windows to cool the room. However, the front desk service from Ivan was great. I was going onward to Ljubljana and he was very helpful with checking the train connections and even printing the details for me. He also declined to accept my tip when I checked out. For that great service and its good location, I would recommend this place if you are not too fussy about having modern rooms or air conditioning.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank UWA_Traveller
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Whilst our room was not what we had planned (canal view) it was beautifully decorated and overlooked the quiet little street which was quiet and very attractive . The owners were so pleased to help us out with any queries and advice that we quickly forgot about our expectations of the room and settled in to enjoying the lovely ambience this house offers. Breakfast delivered on the dot every day (juice and yogurt would have been perfect) . We had a fabulous 4 nights here and it was so well placed for The grand canal ( a minute walk away and yet felt like a different world) easy access with water taxis , water bus and walking. A real hidden gem well deserving of the great feedback it honestly deserves

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a balcony room or you will be missing a treat
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The location is wonderful - very close to the vaporetto stop. Quiet area but still lots of shops and restaurants. The hotel is so cute. Our room was fabulous. Very venetian decorations - cherubs over our bed. 2 windows overlooking canals and a wonderful clean, modern bathroom. In the morning they brought breakfast on a tray - hot croissants and tea and coffee. It was delightful. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

we visited venice before and made the mistake of staying near st marks, this time we knew we wanted to stay in canneregio and this hotel just couldn't be more ideally placed literall just off the main street but far enough to be nice and quiet, the two guys who run the hotel are so friendly always on hand and nothing is too much trouble, the rooms are immaculate and comfortable, the breakfast is typically continental (croissants coffee orange juice) but just what you need to start the day, there is an irish pub round the corner (only in name) that sells snacks ideal for those late night hunger pangs :) also please seek out the restraunt diana, find the bridge with no parrapet and turn left, about five mins up the road is the diana, check out the reviews on trip advisor, you will not regret eating here, we have visted venice twice and this was far and away the best place we ate for service food and value for money, we will be visiting venice again in the future and we will be staying here, its all about the location for us and it doesnt get any better than this!!

Room Tip: there are some rooms with a canal view we didnt get one but we weren't too bothered as a place l...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple