“Luvly stay in Venice”

Ranked #263 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Luvly stay in Venice”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed at La Forcola hotel in Venice 17-21/08/2012 to spend little vacation right before business meetings that day. Needed mid class hotel in Venice down town as a result got very well located hotel, few station by water bus from Piazza del Roma (regualr bus terminus), on one of the central walking streets Stada Nuova, 10 minutes walk from Rialto bridge and 15 minutes Piazza San Marco. Plenty of cafes and restaurants around. Billa supermarket is 5 minutes walk - very convenient. My single room #307 was located on the top floor, both windows as I requested in the comments were canal view. Breakfast is a little bit bigger than typical italian: croissants, fresh pastry, buns, filadelfia cheese, flakes and yoghurt. Coffee was from coffee machine but unfortunately instant, not from beans.

Worst thing happened - my aircon broke the last night I stayed. One could imagine +29 outside and almost 100% humidity - you sleep almost in water. But I must admit it may happen everywhere.

All in all I can say it is very good value for money. I paid 70 euros a night breakfast included.

Room Tip: if you are solo traveller - chose #307, best view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank deephatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I thought this hotel was in a perfect location, away from the hustle and bustle but not too far out.
There are many bars and restaurants nearby and its situation only a 5 min (if that) walk to the nearest water bus stop.
The rooms are very basic and not very big and I didnt mind at all as I got a cheap deal and I was only there for one night.
The staff were very helpful and offered to lock our bags away for us after check out so we didnt have to carry them around with us all day.
Overall I think this is a lovely little hotel, cannot fault it

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank antonia86
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This little hotel is a very good, not-as-expensive-as-the-rest-of-hotels in Venice, rooms are small, and breakfast is not that good, but it is within walking distance of piazza San Marco and several great restaurants. It's no the Danieli, but I had a safe, clean place to rest with a good bed and a TV, and when I opened the windows at night, (most of the time to smoke an unlawful cigarrette) I had a view of this little street and a canal, and small shops... it was a lovely time. most Importantly, I am a girl traveling solo, and the hotel is in a safe location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Adri2900
TORONTO
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nice and calm place with a walking distance to main must see places. They charge extra local tax whitch told to be already paid.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank PAWEL P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our room at this hotel was very small. There was nowhere to put your cases, I dont think the air-conditioning vent had been cleaned in years (which is a health concern), the bathroom was tiny & the shower recess was ridiculously small & the water just went everywhere. We had a balcony but it overlooked just dirty stained building walls & there was also a very large air-conditioning unit on it which was so noisy you couldnt leave the balcony door open anyway - especially at night. The safe was just a box which was not bolted down so anyone could just pick it up & walk away with it. We complained about the room to Reception but the lady didnt seem that interested but having said that she obviously mentioned it to man who took over her reception duties & he offered us another room the next morning. This room & bathroom were much larger & overlooked one of the canals so that was good but the ceiling in the bathrtoom was all dirty & the paint was peeling. Would definitely not stay there again. Diane, Perth, Australia

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DIANEGPER

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Venice
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Very good but totaly overpriced like everything else in the middle of old Venice.
In a "normal" city would this hotel be around 500-700 € per night

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Dan O
Discovery Bay, Ca.
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Nice location but that's it! Checked in by a very rude man at the front desk clerk who never smiled or did anything to make us feel welcome. The room was pitiful. The air conditioning did not work, no place to store your luggage, and the room safe was a joke. We tried to store our passports and other valuable items and could not...the safe did not work. Not only that....the safe was not bolted to anything so a thief could just pick up the small safe and walk out with it.

Now for the bathroom...Oh dear me! The shower stall was not a stall, just a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 shower pan with no walls, no shower curtains and nowhere for the water from the shower head to go except all over the bathroom. We literally stood in this pan and soaked the entire little bathroom. This was of course after we removed all of our items from the bathroom before showering.

The walls of the room were a mess. Truly in need of a paint job. No screens on the windows so at night we HAD to open the windows to get any air we could because it was very warm. After a horrible night sleep due to the A/C not working and the loud street noise we were covered in mosquito bites and miserable.

I had paid for Internet as there was NO free service whatsoever. The cost was about 20.00 a day. It would work in the room for about 5 minutes and then disconnect. This went on and finally I went down to the lady at the desk and she said I would need to go into the hallway and try it there or come downstairs and use it in the lobby. Now mind you, the lobby was big enough for three people to stand in. She had such an "I don't care attitude" and she never cracked any sort of a smile, just as the male clerk the day before.

We were on a 3 week tour of Europe and loved all of the other hotels we stayed at. We found Europe to be a very friendly place except for this hotel in Florence. It is a bad mark on such a fantastically beautiful city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends