“Perfect budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Eden

Hotel Eden
Ranked #365 of 479 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Set in a side just off the main shopping street it was relatively easy to find (get a map at the airport).
Be aware that this hotel is not and does not pretend to be high end. But what it does it does well.
It is a 15 min walk from the train/bus station and our room (205) had views of the canal that runs along the side of the hotel.
The room was not huge but perfectly fine for our needs and the bathroom contained a decent sized shower.
Breakfast was the only slight disappointment as the only real thing on offer was bread rolls and cake. Don't leave breakfast too late otherwise the cake will be gone and it did not appear that anything was replenished.
All in all a great little hotel and only 30 mins stroll from St Marks Square.
To be thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 205 is a good choice. Avoid 203 as the bathroom is on the other side of the corridor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JCALTD

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for the second time in early April 2012 -previously 2010. We liked it's location.
If anything it's improved slightly-which is good!
Comfortable bed,plenty for buffet style continental breakfast in small dining room.As with most budget-mid range in-Venice hotels,rooms are small, but other than to change,wash and sleep, you're generally out and about.Unfailingly friendly and helpful staff.Our room was canal side.
Its handily placed-15 mins walk from the Station at the top end of The Grand Canal. 20 mins stroll to St Marks Square. Loads of restaurants,eateries and bars and shops within 10 mins. 4 mins to the nearest vaporetto stop on the GC.
Eden is tucked away up an 'entry' from the main thoroughfare so it's a quiet spot in a tourist mecca. We're contemplating a third visit!

Room Tip: First timers use Google street map to find its location and get your bearings.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gearz
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I found myself pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of this small hotel. The general location in Venice is perfect and convenient to walk in all directions.
I was expecting to share bathrooms, and possibly share a room, etc. I was given a large room with two windows and full bathroom. There was a double and a twin bed in the room #202. The shower had nice hot water, although cold was my preference in the July heat.
The breakfast was also more than I expected, but the eating room was quite tiny. The juice machine, and coffee were fabulous. I actually sat in to small lobby occasionally, simply to enjoy the air conditioning, and faster wireless internet connection.
My only complaint would be that the in-room air conditioner could not keep pace with the 100 degree heat outside. Yet, I felt safe, secure, and clean during my 2 nightʻs stay. I would return again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: I peaked into room 207 briefly. I saw that it slept 4 and had a great window view overlooking a cana...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank RandyB756
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A quiet room in Venice but just off one of the main streets. I wasn't looking for luxury accommodations but I was very pleasantly surprised by my rooms. (Yes, I returned later in my trip!) The staff are all friendly and very helpful. The rooms are very clean with an elegant simplicity, a good mattress and a mini fridge. After spending most of my trip with Italian friends in their homes, I appreciated the air conditioning. I was initially put off by the coffee machine, but it grinds its own beans and uses fresh milk and was an excellent way to start a day. I recommend the table next to and looking out of the window in the breakfast room. The view is a good way to start your day; and if the window is open you can overlook the small canal and its traffic. If you'd like to see more of Venice than Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge, this location is great for exploring and just minutes from the boats to the islands.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GiudiM
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We booked this as part of a Jet2 package knowing we wouldn't do much more than sleep here. The hotel is basic but spotlessly clean and the staff are all delightful. breakfast was fine. Best bit was the position. Easy walking from Allilaguna stop at Buglie, although hotel directions are a bit short of detail on that front, and within 2 min walk of Grand Canal. Everything is close by in terms of sights bars and restaurants. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jpmcghee725
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Really Friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Clean basic rooms. Great for the price, would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy D
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We reserved two double rooms, and the day prior to arrival, we got an e-mail stating that the triple and single rooms were available, but we could save money if we took a two bedroom apartment nearby. The hotel obviously made a mistake in overbooking, and then decided to feed us this bull. We felt a bit "played" but also we didn't have a lot of choice, so we agreed, but the apartment was not so clean, a bit ratty, and dank and damp. Ah, Venice; you got to love the experience. Good luck here.

Room Tip: Since we did not get to actually stay in this hotel, it is hard to actually review this hotel. Howe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends