We stayed here in November and booked it, last minute, through Expedia on a really good deal (just over 300 pounds for 2 people sharing one double room over 3 nights).
Took us quite a while to find as we kept walking past it (it's just a discreet doorway so very easy to miss) but we were delighted with the quality of the interiors and the room/bathroom. This is a 4* rated hotel but, apart from being slightly small, ours felt like a 5* (though there are no mod cons/pool/gym etc). If you have breakfast included, you have to walk around the corner to the very impressive Grand Monaco (the parent hotel), where to sit in a room which is right on the waterfront with incredible views.
The main selling point, for me, was the location- which was literally next to the square- probably as close as a few steps away!
The only thing I'd say is I've looked into this hotel since our last trip and it appears it can be extremely pricey most of the year- not sure i would have been so blown away with it had we paid huge fees! Keep an eye on Expedia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Four Star Superior Hotel, owned by the Benetton Group, as the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal, started to be a hotel from the end of the XII century on, when it was already chosen by ambassadors, prelates and important people of the Venetian life.With its late-Gothic facade in Venetian Byzantine style it surely is one of the most remarkable and significant examples of the Venetian architecture of the late thirteenth century. Today, the 34 rooms of Palazzo Selvadego are equipped with every comfort and immersed in a calm and relaxing atmosphere and are able to transmit from the first moment the uniqueness of this building, thanks to its design and also to the exposed beams in the rooms. Services include safety box, minibar, TV, hair dryer, complimentary toiletries in the bathrooms and a kettle with various teas and coffee available to the client. Breakfast is served in the restaurant of the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal which is just 70 meters from the Palazzo Selvadego and according to the weather it will be served on the magnificent terrace of the Restaurant "Grand Canal" with breathtaking views on the Grand Canal and St. Mark’s Basin. This place has always been the meeting point of the mundane life in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, ACCOR, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Palazzo Selvadego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Del Selvadego Venice
- Palazzo Del Selvadego Hotel Venice