Hotel Mercurio Venezia
Hotel Ateneo(Venice)
Kette Hotel(Venice)
C3 - Orseolo(Venice)
View Hotel
All reviewscanal viewgreat locationsan marcono liftsmall roomrialto bridgebasic hotelcentral locationla fenicetop floorrecommend this hotelbreakfast roomminute walknice stayyogurttriple roomthree nights
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were a group of nine visiting for a long weekend, and so had booked 3 doubles and a family room online (based mainly on the tripadvisor reviews for this hotel)
A great surprise. This hotel has obviously undergone a professional internal facelift and we certainly saw the benefit of it, tastefully decorated and furnished rooms with all quality facilities. A really good sized breakfast room where we opted to include breakfast, a typically European affair to set you up for the day !
Very good value for money and brilliantly located a few minutes from St Marc's square and literally next to the Venice Theatre.
We've stayed in Venice several times before and this was better by a long way, we were geared up for the more typical tiny room experience, but not a bit of it !!
Brilliant, would thoroughly recommend and will be going into the files for our next visit.

Room Tip: If you want even more space the family room we had effectively had a day room with a big sofa, TV and desk as well as a large double bedroom and obviously an ensuite bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank oldcider
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and it was good .the staff was very helpful in guiding and service also.also the location is very nice.though we had difficulty finding it but on the whole it was nice,clean.As it was centralised we could come during the day to rest a while.the breakfast was also good.it was value for money in the expensive city of Venice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anniKathmandu
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Don't expect anything fancy. This is a simple budget hotel right in the middle of Venice San Macro. Very clean. Good breakfast service, with a top notch barista and personal espresso coffee!

The only down sides are- poorly located tv with only one English Channel, but we didn't use it much anyway. Thin walls can hear neighbors kids.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked three nights here on the recommendation of a friend and after finding it to be priced better than many of the hostels in Venice. The location was amazing. Right around the corner from the famed Fenice Theater and just minutes from St. Mark's and easy walking to virtually everywhere. The room (a single room) was small, but perfect for me as I only need to sleep and change my clothes. The bathroom was spacious considering the size of the rest of the room. The heated towel rod was a major plus. I was a bit annoyed by the drain flies and mosquitoes in the room, but I'm sure that if I would have told the desk they would have done something about it. The breakfast was included in my room price, it was very basic but provided what I needed and seemed very fresh. I would return to this hotel again as long as the management stayed the same. Additionally, the directions to the hotel (on their website) were perfect. I walked straight there from the vaporetto stop with no problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AndreaRae13
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I didn't find the Mercurio easy to find with my Google map but it was worth searching for. The staff speak good English and are very helpful. The location near La Fenice is superb anyway and especially of your are going to La Fenice! The room was plain, simple and adequate. The shower was a little small for a portly gent. It was excellent value and I would return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo