San Marco Palace Suites
  • Room Service
Ca' del Duca(Venice)
The Majestic(Venice)
View Hotel
All reviewsbells tollingbell towersan marcofamily holidaysmall kitchenoutstanding locationstayed here for four nightsst mark's squaremarks squareconvenient locationnice breakfastcroissantsmicrowavebalconycanalpiazzadock
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked a deluxe double room and was amazed when we arrived and had a suite with 2 bathrooms. We were having a 3 day trip in Venice as a couple but wished we were staying longer as it would have been nie to have enjoyed the room! It was a great price too. It is a great location and easy to travel around from there but we did have a problem finding it in the 1st instance. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The bed comfortable and facilties in good wroking order. 2 things I could say weren't so good is there was no pen next to the paper pad which would have been useful and the shower door left a gap but the water didn't escape through it. Wifi isn't actually free in the main of the hotel but we did not use it so cannot comment. The breakfast was tastey with alot of choice. I found the staff pleasant and helpful. Also for being such a central location, it was beautifuly quiet in the room. The price we paid was cheaper than the average in Venice and cheaper than no star hotels thta I looked wat before - I recomend searching for deals as I know normally it would have been insanely expensive. So for the price we paid it was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey P
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent location if you want to be central to St. Mark's Square. Lobby area was beautiful, but rooms were very tired. We were in Standard Room (Room #407) and there were water stains on the ceiling, in desperate need of fresh coat of paint and new bed covers. Bathroom lighting was non-existent. No water service for a several hours. Poor water pressure in sink but better in the shower. Breakfast was located in separate building - typical European fare. Wi-Fi not free in room, but free in the Breakfast Room. Would not stay here again unless rooms were updated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed in this allegedly 4 star establishment in April 2013 for three nights. On the final night of our stay there was no hot water. I called the front desk to report the problem, two hours later I went in person to the front desk to ask about another room. The front desk unhelpfully told me the hotel was very busy - it was not, but another room was not possible and offered to have a technician look at it the following day. (completely unacceptable for a 4 star hotel - and of no use to us checking out by 8am)
At check out the next morning the staff were equally unhelpful. Emails to the manager have not been answered. I understand problems can occur in any business - it is how businesses deal with problems like the one we encountered that counts. The unhelpful and dismissive attitude we received means this place is not worthy of 4 stars - since we received 1 star treatment. If the management wants to answer my emails my stay was April 22-25 and I suggest a refund of the final night's stay is an appropriate compensation.

Room Tip: Ask for one with working hot water :(
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank John B
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel solely for the reason it was the location of a conference I was attending. The location is good, right off St. Mark's square - literally right off. The rooms were clean, the bathroom very nice, and though while the bed sagged, it was perfectly fine for sleeping. It was an adequate place to stay - and I always felt safe as a solo traveller - and it was an easy walk to the main touristy things and water bus stops (but this is true of nearly every place in Venice).

Take the downsides with a grain of salt, as this place is fine, and I would have no problems staying there again if needed - but if returning to Venice I would probably compare to other hotels first before deciding.

Everything is viewed through the lens of feeling this place was very overpriced - even for a room for single use at a special rate, and in relation to Venice prices. In addition to that though, the WiFi was ridiculously overpriced if you do more than a quick email check once/day. They can claim 'free wifi', but it isn't as straightforward The hotel is multiple buildings under the same name, and there is free wifi only in a small area of one of them...that you can't even get into without a staff member letting you in, and it didn't work well. In the end, I ended up paying to be able to use through the rest of the hotel out of necessity. I was also mildly put out that they didn't email me back after I tried to contact them about some favourite clothing accidentally left behind, and had some wrong information given to me about catching a water taxi to the airport very early in the morning and had a stressful time about missing my flight.

The breakfast though I have to say was very good and extensive, and saved you having to buy in the morning if you didn't want to. The location was very good, though know it's Venice, the city on the water - when coming with luggage you'll be manipulating it off water buses, taxis, and through streets yourself to get there as nothing goes right to the door. The room space wasn't bad by European standards, and there was a lift to get you to the upper floors.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank canadianjourneyer
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is excellently located very close to San Marco Square and the waterbus and is ideal for a family holiday. The room was spacious and was perfect for a family of three. The staff were most helpful,good service and the breakfasts served overlooking the canal were always very good.
Excellent choice.