“Extremely friendly, extremely clean, I love it”

Liassidi Palace Hotel
Ranked #66 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have to say that this hotel exceeded my expectation, very nice entrance, extremely welcoming staff which make you very optimistic about Venice before even starting your tours, I would like to thank them very much.

The hotel is well located in an amazing location which is not located in the middle of the noisy crowed but at the same time not far at all, only 3-4 min walking through Venice canals and you will be in the middle of the crowed !!

The Hotel is 3 Min from the vaporetto stop (Venice Water Bus), which means that you could get directly to the hotel from the rail station by the vaporetto, and moreover you could go from there to Murano and Burano

The rooms are very clean, bathroom is clean and big, everything is perfect.. I really loved that hotel, I really lover the cheerful staff, breakfast and everything. I really strongly recommend. Thank you Liassidi Palace

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Liassidi Palace Hotel

Reviewed April 4, 2013

A Very nice hotel with friendly staff and a reasonable breakfast with good strong coffee. Some rooms are bigger than others so worth looking at others if they are available but all rooms are very nice and well decorated. The hotel is in a great location for sight seeing only five minutes to st Marc,s square.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this hotel based on reviews I read on trip advisor and I'm so glad we did! The hotel is FANTASTIC!
Perfect location, 5-10 walk to St. Marc's Square and 5 min walk to good restaurants, also good gift shops very close by.

The staff were warm and welcoming, more than happy to assist with directions, places to visit and how best to get around. Any questions we had they were always happy to help.

Our room was great, lots of space, large bed and most importantly super clean! The bathroom was a little small but that didn't bother us.

I couldn't recommend Liassidi Palace enough! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JacquiCarroll
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights 17-20 March, and I can only say this hotel is BRILLIANT. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly young man on reception who explained everything necessary. We were in room 206. The room was perfect for us, huge bed you could get lost in and the bathroom was something else, pure luxury, lovely high ceilings and very big. The breakfast was perfect for us. Plenty of fruit, cereals, pastries, eggs, cheeses, meats etc. All the staff were so friendly and helpful, the decor and paintings outstanding. The hotel is very central, 5mins from Marc's Square. Would definitely stay here again and totally recommend it.

Room Tip: Recommend room 206
1  Thank MistyMax
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Liassidi palace is simply beautiful and in a great location to all the usual visitor attraction, the room we had was small but still very nice and comfortable, the reception staff were all very helpful and friendly, breakfast was great value and plenty of choice.

1  Thank starscooper
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A beautiful hotel, in a perfect location, in a picturesque city. I couldn't fault this hotel nor its surroundings.

The room was a good size, and had everything we required (including slippers!). The bed was massive and very comfy indeed. The roof of the bathroom was quite low, and the shower head wasn't attached to the wall. This could potentially make showering difficult for anyone taller than 6'1, but I am told that most Venetian buildings are like this.

The staff were very friendly and happy to help. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in a hotel..this could be to do with the beautiful view from the breakfast table! There was a huge variety of hot and cold food on offer - all freshly prepared. As expected the coffee was out of this world!

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Venice, and I hope to return.

Thanks Liassidi for a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachael B
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Liassidi Palace. We booked a junior suite and were upgraded on arrival to a junior suite with a view of the canal. The room was very big - although I wouldn't necessarily call it a suite as I'd expect a separate living area for that - and very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small but it was fine. The hotel is in a great location for all of the main touristy sites, the breakfast was lovely (simple, but perfectly adequate for a day of sightseeing and eating and drinking) and the staff on reception were helpful.

My only gripes? No English TV channels - I know that you're not in Venice to watch TV but for a hotel of this calibre/price I would at least expect BBC World or CNN. Also poor communication in advance, I emailed the hotel to ask about how to get there from the airport and had no reply. I then phoned up and was told not to waste my money on a private boat/taxi and to just use the public buses and boats. This was helpful, but we would have been interested in the full private boat experience even though this may have been an expensive option. Never mind, I guess they missed out on taking some extra money from us!

All in all a great hotel.

Room Tip: Room 408 - Junior Suite with view of the canal, lovely room.
Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple