All reviewscroissantssmall and friendly hotelgreat locationminute walkclean room and bathroomstay there againjewish quarterclose to the train stationstayed one nightbigger rooma great place to stayenjoyed my staythe hotel managerair conditioningthree nightsrialto bridgequiet location
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We stayed at the Locanda Herion for 2 nights prior to leaving for a cruise from Venice. The hotel was excellent - near the train station and Piazzole Roma (and away from San Marco Square and all the tourists). The breakfast was wonderful and the bedroom was large. It is very quiet . It is in Canarregio - which is a real neighbourhood - lots of restaurants and shops , a real local food market, and a much less touristy feeling . Ask them to email directions. Although you have to walk up a flight of stairs - the staff are there and very willing to be of help with maps and directions and suggestions. Get a IMOB pass for the vaporettos and go to LIDO, Murano and Giudecca.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed at the Locanda Herion for 3 nights in October this year. We chose it from the reviews on Tripadvisor and because it was on of the few remotely affordable hotels we could find. Despite it being a bit difficult to find (we arrived at night in the pouring rain) it is a lovely little hotel. The staff are really helpful and speak very good english. Our room was a standard double decorated in classic italian sparse decour but very stylish and there was a lovely big bathroom with a nice shower. The hotel is very small and has a lovely indoor terrace area which Im sure which be lovely in the Summer. The only downsides are that there are no real communal space to relax in and the breakfast is very basic (croissant and tea or coffee from a machine).

The location is the best thing about this hotel though, it is 5 minutes walk from the Guglie Vaporetto stop which takes you to the airport in 35 minutes and into the main part of Venice in minutes. You can walk everywhere easily from here and the Canneregio area itself is really nice and less touristy than other parts we saw.

I would happily recommend this hotel and Venice, just remember to take comfy shoes!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed 4 nights, Great location, very close to train station. But most importantly the room was larger and nice than any other hotels we stayed before! Bathroom was clean and large. The guy there is very friendly. Overall, i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed at Locanda Herion by accident, when my original hotel "overbooked" and decided to move me without a choice. I don't know how much the rooms normally are, but I paid 90€ per night for my original hotel (Hotel Tintoretto) and I don't feel that the room I got at Herion was worth it. The manager (who was really really lovely and friendly and spoke fluent English and carried my suitcase from the other hotel for me) said that my room was "unique" because it had access to the terrace at all times. What it actually was, was a room under the stairs that didn't even have a room number. If it hadn't had towels and a tv in it, I would have questioned whether it was genuinely one of the hotel's official rooms. My first hotel had promised room views of the grand canal, however my window at Heroin was tiny, barred and viewless. Due to the room's position under the stairs, it felt a little dungeon like and also meant that I had no wifi reception. However it was clean, the shower was hot and the pressure was good. It was adequate.

Positives:
- Great location, really close to S.Marcuola vaporetto stop
- Fantastic breakfast, Toast, bread, jams, cheese, ham, yoghurt, cereal, coffee, juice and hot croissants & danishes, enough to keep you full until dinner
- Clean room and bathroom, towels changed and rooms cleaned everyday
- Comfortable bed, no street noise
- Friendly english speaking staff
- Air conditioning

Negatives:
- My particular room was tiny and crampt and dungeon like
- Wifi isn't free and only accessable from the terrace
- No lift
- Quite old TV in room

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The guy who works here is incredibly nice. The room was very comfortable, and the breakfast was the best I had in my 3 weeks in Italy. It's also served on a nice patio. No refrigerator, and the volume on the tv is set so low that you can't hear it, but otherwise this hotel was perfect. I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple