“Huge apartment with everything you need for a great price”

Al Redentore di Venezia
Ranked #6 of 230 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our 5th trip to Venice and this apartment is by far the best place we have stayed for the lowest price. Our apartment had two bedrooms with 2 bathrooms and also a pull out sofa with separate changing room, which acts as a third bathroom. Furnishings are modern and new. Bathrooms are large and very nice. Apartment is spotless, dining area and kitchen have everything you need, cooktop, oven, dishwasher. You are around the corner from a nice grocery store, pharmacy, bakery. Very close to 2 vaparetto stops. This apartment is across the bay from St. Mark's, next to the Redentore Church, please take time to visit the church it is beautiful. You will not be disappointed with this apartment. We paid 100 euro, cheap, cheap. Note: Ask about a balcony or a view of the water, we didn't have either, which was fine, but some people think this is important, other rooms may have had views.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CRH2000

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We opted for Al Redentore apartments because most reviews indicated that they were a great compromise between quality, location and price. We were not disappointed. The flat that we got had beautiful views of the Canale Guidecca and Venice's centre in the background. It was very spacious, tastefully decorated and had a modern bathroom. It even had a kitchen and separate dining area. The windows were modern and well insulated. Staff were very friendly and a trip into town never took more than 10 to 15 minutes including the walk and wait for the vaporetto. The location worked really well because it had some supermarkets round the corner and some basic restaurants which offered good food - not flashy but great value. I would definitely stay here again. I am amazed that you can find such places in Venice. I was expecting higher prices and worse quality. Very pleasant surprise.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the l Redentore di Venezia for three nights for a short Valentines break. I chose this apartment as after reading the reviews as it looked like a better option to stay off the mainland as you got a lot more for your money.

We found this a better option as inland the prices were very high and to eat/drink at those prices each day would have damaged the bank balance quite a bit. There are two shops nearby where you could buy ten croissants for 3 euros (Mainland - 4 euros each) and a beer (1 euro) mainland (5 euro minimum) bottle of wine from 1 euro!! mainland 20 euros!!

The above was just handy for when you came back to the apartment to get ready for your night out or in the morning for breakfast etc. this saved us quite a few euros across the three days!

Whilst you do have to get a water taxi across to the mainland there are very frequent and we never waited more than 15 minutes, and taxis back run until 4am so we had no problems there, plus it added to the experience.

The only gripe was that the hotel is quite tricky to find and we walked up and down the front a few times before we found it snuggled away behind the bridge. The staff were great and very imformative and gave us all the things needed including free wifi and some breakfast nibbles.

The TV's (3 of them) were mostly foreign and only had BBC news and CNBC to chose from but apart from that if i returned i would choose this hotel again, it was very clean, very spacious, in a great location and is perfect for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

On our very first visit to Venice recently we (family of 04) stayed at a two bedroom apartment at Al Redentore di Venezia. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the two bedroom apartment that we checked in to. It was very spacious with two separate bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining area, living area and kitchenette. It was beautifully decorated in true Italian style and the place was modern, well equipped and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful and provided us with all the information about Venice. the apartment was very safe too and it is tucked away in a very quiet area with easy access to the water taxis and a supermarket.
This is located on a different island right opposite the main city of Venice.The water taxi stand is just a 2 min walk which operates regular taxi's to the main city. However the taxi cost is quite high. It is good for those who want to stay away from the crowds of main city.
Our overall experience was excellent and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for luxury apartment style accommodation in Venice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chamika W
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent 3 nights at Al Redentore di Venezia on Giudecca island away from the mass tourism in Venice. From our apartment on the 2nd floor we had a great view over the water towards Venice. The apartment was very large and clean and the kitchen was well equiped. We enjoyed the welcome pack with some coffee pads, thea, olive oil, aceto balsamico, marmelade and nutella. For breakfast we just had to buy some bread in the nearby supermarket. Vaporetto stop is only 5 minutes away. Very helpfull staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elly L
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We just spent 5 nights in one of their studio apartments. It was very comfortable, a high quality renovation and very conveniently located. Loved living on Giudecca. The vaporetto was very convenient. There were lots of great restaurants (Il Redentore, I Figlio delle Stelle) and we loved living in a largely residential area where we saw people walking their dogs, travelling the vaporetto watching people arrive home from work with their children, enjoying a spritz at La Palanca or fishing.

Room Tip: Get off the vaporetto at Redentore when you're arriving with luggage, avoiding the two sets of s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise O
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It is first visit to Venice . I was travel from Swiss land board towards Italy through Milan city. Since it was first time visit to Venice. I was not fully aware of city and how to approach hotel thus I have requested hotel staff for proper direction where honestly staff has detail direction but I get confuse. I have reached Venice quite late. I though Venice is island where I have to part my car outside island but I found out that there was a road connect main land with island. Then one I reached Venice. It was not quite clear where is cheapest parking area. Any how I parked quite far form main boat station. Any how it was quite confuse and difficult to allocate correct location. Then I managed to find correct hotel location where it was located in Giudecca which is not main island of Venice and it slightly far from main city center but I have selected this hotel base in high rate and quiet location. I have to travel by boat to get downtown. Once I reached hotel I was very shocked that apartment was very clean and stylish and modern and kitchen was fully equipped. Apartment was equipped with AC. It was luxury apartment. It was also close to supermarket. I really enjoy staying in this apartment and staff was very welcoming and helpful

Room Tip: Request for nice view . my room view was not nice
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family