“Arved was the very best teacher” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Venice Photo Tours with Arved Gintenreiter Photography

Venice Photo Tours with Arved Gintenreiter Photography
More attraction details
Owner description: Combine exploring Venice on and off the beaten path with getting a private photography workshop tailored to your interests. Guided by a professional travel photographer you will learn to capture pro-like images, from postcard shots to daily life, as well as how to get most out of your camera. Take your photography skills to the next level while discovering the beauty of Venice through the lens, visit hot-spots as well as remote Venice of Venetians, learn about history as well as about modern life in town.
Soldotna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Arved was the very best teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I spent most of the day with Arved. The first thing I learned was that I needed to learn a lot!! Arved explaind the details of my equipment and help me realize immediately what technical errors I had been making all this time. Within minutes the technical quality improved 100%. Now we neede to work on composition. He has a very keen eye. He taught me the beginnings of taking photographs and not snapshots. Anyone that wants to experience Venice in a very unique way must spend a day with Arved. He will take you to places you will never see on your own. It was the best experience of our vacation so far and I think it will number one at the end. Thanks Arved and let me know when you need those moose and bear pics!!

Bucharest, Romania
“Much more than an excellent photo tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked a 6-hour tour with Arved on 09.02.2013, the last Saturday of the Carnevale di Venezia and realised, within the first 10 minutes after meeting him, that I had made the best possible choice. Arved turned out to be extremely professional but also very easy going, he offered tips on a constant basis and showed me how a potentially boring photo could be turned into something much more interesting.

Arved knows Venice, he knows the places where, even during the Carnevale, you can walk without being disturbed, he knows where the masks will be, he knows how you should use your camera, he knows the places to eat and the places to have a good coffee. Book one of his tours and you'll get much more than a photo tour, you'll get a guided tour in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with someone who knows and loves the city so much that, by the end of the tour, you'll end up loving it too.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Arved - Simply THE best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I too had first read all the reviews on trip advisor re Arved's photography tours and could not wait to walk the 6 hours Carnival photography tour (I did this yesterday, Sunday 10 Feb, 2013). I have taken many photography tours all over the UK and World and quite simply, Arved is by far, the best. The 6 hrs felt like 6 mins... I wished it had been longer but sadly I had to catch my flight home. The memories I have from this visit far outshine all my previous visits thanks to the outstanding photographs I've brought away with me. Arved is fun/brilliant/knowledgeable/second to none and he made me feel comfortable immediately. I loved too the tips/ideas he would throw into the mix for me to play around with which have given me incredible photographs of the most magical vist to Venice during the fabulous Carnival of the Mask. I so can't wait to come back and top of my list is booking another tour with Arved.

Visited February 2013
Arved G, Owner at Venice Photo Tours with Arved Gintenreiter Photography, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Thank you for such a glowing review!! I am more than happy to read you had so much fun improving your photography even further. We will keep in touch for sure. It is great to know having new friends in KY now. Thank you! Arved
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous time with a great teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I can't recommend Arved highly enough. There were four people in our group, of varying skill level, including beginner. Arved immediately put us all at ease with his friendly nature and began the course by taking us to the Arsenale district of Venice. This meant moving away from the more tourist areas, allowing us to feel at ease. He spent time with all of our group and no question was left unanswered. It was amazing how quickly we began taking proper photographs rather than snaps. We went on the three hour tour and it was amazingly good value, seemingly lasting for a lot longer than the allotted time. Arved intersperses the photography with snippets of Venetian history which adds an extra dimension to the day. We ended the day at St Marks sq, taking pictures of the carnivale masks. By this time it was dusk and we finished by learning how to take photo's with flash.
If you have time, take this course, it's a must!

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to spend time and learn.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

As a small group of varying skill levels and experience, I wasn't sure how it would work but we ended the day praising Arved to the rafters. We started off the beaten track in the 'working class' area , which proved a great way to assess our capabilities and set everyone at ease. Arved was friendly, helpful and attentive and most of all patient. By the time we ended the walk we were all impressed and felt more confident in what we were doing, covering all aspects of photography , from the basics ( for the novice of the group) through composition and framing shots, finishing shooting the Carnivale masks with flash and longer exposure night time shots . The added little history snippets all added to a great day.
If/when we go back, I would expect to do this again, highly recommended.