“Exceeds expectations”

Ranked #108 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Fort Worth, Texas
“Exceeds expectations”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is more than a 1 star hotel. The staff are helpful and attentive. The room & bath are clean, Great location - and easy to find your way home - after a lost stroll through the back by ways of Venice.

Read the directions to the property on their web site, they are spot on.

Also the rooms should you need are climate controlled (A/C and heat.)

The capachino's,and expresso's in the morning - were a treat, along with the blood orange juice.

Plus free Wi-Fi and Sky cable on the flat screen tv.

Room Tip: The newer double glazed windows keep the room quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Paul,

I really appreciate your time and this feedback is really cute. Thank you so much, wish to meet you soon here

Giacomo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ONTARIO
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in October. Rooms were clean. Room itself on the small side but bathroom was large. All we needed for a place to sleep as we didn't spend much time in the room. Arrived about 6:30pm and no welcome drink for us either. Bar was nice but no one there so we bought a beer from a fridge near check in desk. Blonde girl in the breakfast room on second day was very outgoing and friendly. Breakfast was fine. Our room faced the alley on the first floor and the first night was quiet but on the Friday night some noise in the night. Nothing that would keep you awake unless you are a light sleeper. Internet worked fine. You have to leave your room key at front desk when going out. Not really sure why but we were fine with that. Lots of good restaurants close by and walking distance to everything as long as you are capable. We would recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Venice. Reasonable compared to other hotels close by. Would stay here again if we ever return to Venice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear friend,

thanks for your review. I do not appreciate our Staff did not offer you any welcome drink, thanks for advising about so I can complain them not to be welcoming as supposed

Regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

To add on to our review to our earlier review of "clean room near to station" I believe we have missed out a few points.

Firstly, Albergo Marin was nice enough to provide a corner in a room to put our luggages as prearranged with them as we knew we will be reaching at 10am which is before the check in timing. Thankful for that. However, we didn't receive a welcome drink as stated by many of the reviews. Perhaps 10am was too early a timing and they don't normally prepare it during then.

Hi Giacomo, could tell that you do not welcome negative feedbacks but hope you will take the below suggestions positively.

The room was as per our previous review clean except for the rain shower heads. There were plenty full of hair stuck on it. Perhaps you would like to get it cleaned. We actually did take a photo of it but it is in our SD card now and we are traveling. If u need it, please do not hesitate to let me know. I have a habit of taking photos of accommodation to recommend it to my friends who travel.

Furthermore, yes indeed we were told that there can be alternative arrangements for breakfast if we are catching the train when we approached the reception to ask for it however we were specifically told check with the person in the night shift and the actual words: "perhaps the person in the night shift could hand you some biscuits or something". Well, we weren't expecting a sumptuous breakfast or anything. Perhaps a bread with a fruit will do however our request for a bread was turned down and once again asked to check with the night shift person for a biscuit. Wasn't demanding for a spread but definitely not gonna beg for biscuits. Hence we decided to skip it.

Lastly if u are a light sleeper try asking for a room that is of a higher floor or doesn't face the alley. People tend to whole conversations in the alley at night and the sounds get trap by the stone walls which amplifies it.

With this few downside of the Accom, I believe a 3/5 is a fairer rating for it.

If it helps, our room is the one on the first floor nearest to the stairs.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello dear,

thanks a lot for your extra feedback. I appreciate it a lot, expecially because giving me the indication of the room you were in I can ask our cleaning Staff to be more accurate when washing out shower i.e., as cleaning and service are the most important points in my opinion.

I'd like you to come back in the future and use the discount coupon I sent you, booking your room directly and trying to enjoy more than one night (and breakfast, welcome drink...and me! as I did not meet you unfortunately!)

Regards and thanks again, feedback are really important ad I wish to deserve 5/5 next time you come back here ;)

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice hotel with good location.
You can walk around Venice from the hotel.
However, hotel has no lift . You should to request for the low floor room if you have a big luggues.

Average service with Europe stlye breakfast.
Also, it might be dangerous when you walk in the night.

In summary, I recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guest,

thanks for your feedback, even if it's not clear what is dangerous for when walking :)

Regards

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night just last week. Location was good, just 5 mins walk from station. This was the most expensive accom for our Europe trip (as expected for Venice), thus was pleased with the clean, small and cosy room. A pity about the breakfast as we took an early train on the next day and so missed it. Staff was helpful in pointing out the main attractions and routes to us. Overall, a not bad stay. :)

• Stayed October 2013
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hello,

thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry if you lost your breakfast, but for people who leave early the night porter gives always something to eat, I bet you were able to pick up something...

Thanks

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I chose this hotel as my son and I were travelling around Italy by train. It was certainly in a great location so near to the station and the vaporetto stops. We had a very pleasant 3 days, walking around the Santa Croce area and visiting the churches and museums and the islands. It was pleasant being away from the central area of Venice and the crowds. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfasts were fine. The welcoming drink was a bonus, the outdoor table convenient and their recommended restaurant excellent. In my opinion, a very reasonable price for a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Madame,

thanks a lot for your nice feedback, hope to welcome you next time :)

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had a good stay with my daughter. Good service and warm welcome. Michaella is superb. Wifi, tv, AC worked. Location is easy to find, close to airport shuttlebus, central train station and vaporetto. A good walk to the major sights passing the shopping streets. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Madame,

what a nice feedback! Your words are very nice, and even if I just heard you by mail Michela told me you were simply amazing!

I really hope to welcome you here in the future, have a great we :)