All reviewsbudget hotelcroissantstourist taxbreakfast includedhotel staffsuperb locationsmall hotelpeople moveroverlooking the canalplugconvenience
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Located 5 minute walk from the bus and train station, was perfect when we got to the city a little after midnight and its right on the canal!! Late check in was quick and easy in a neighbouring hotel. Stayed one night before moving to a more central hostel, although if it wasnt booked we might have stayed at hotel airone for the whole trip. Room was basic, clean and spacious. Sink in room. Shared bathrooms were as clean as would be expected. We had a back room which was very quiet at night. We didnt recieve any information about breakfast which from reading other reviews is served at the hotel where we checked in, but plenty of cafes close. Water taxi stops close. Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Some years ago, I also stayed with my family at this hotel. The good impression I had, made me choose it again for my stay in Venice. The location is excellent, as it's in front of the train station and the grand canal. The building is quite old-as many in Venice- but its location is really unbeatable. It's a good choice for tourists that want to explore all day long magnificent Venice and have a nice and comfortable stay. The price is excellent and the staff very gentle. The reception is in the hotel "Canal & Walter", which is besides Airone. The breakfast is also served there. The only disadvantage is the not free of charge Wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017

If it is all about location, then this hotel may suit.

If you want comfort, cleanliness and a bit of luxury, keep walking!

Our room was so bad as to be funny really, but we only used it when sleeping.

The breakfast which is just up the road at their other hotel was pretty good value.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2017

In Venice, it's all about the location. Let me be clear: I choose to sacrifice luxury in the room itself in exchange for a terrific location and view of the grand Canal. That being said, there was nothing wrong with the room. It was small but clean. It was plenty big enough for me and my luggage. I only stayed one night so it was all about the convenience of location – the view of the canal right from the window was icing on the cake. The bathroom was in the room, not down the hall, but it was a combination toilet and shower -- like you have on a boat or something. Essentially that means that after you shower, most of the bathroom, toilet, and sink are wet. Because I only stayed one night, I did my shower at the end of my stay, so it wasn't a big deal. Again, if you're looking for a four-star hotel, this is not the place. But if you want to spend the night over looking the grand Canal, this works great.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the Grand Canal (they're terrific!)
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

It is too expensive for its service. I booked a room for two people but there is four beds. The window cannot be closed because of the pipe of air conditioner. There is only one outlet in our room and no lift, no dryer in the bathroom.

When I reserved this hotel on internet, I am told this is a 3-stars hotel, but it's not. Actually, it shares reception with the other hotel which is called Canal and is a 3-star hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ruizhi L
htlcanalvenezia, Direttore at Hotel Airone, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Sir, just two words about your rewiew to be clear with our future guests...HOTEL AIRONE is a 2 STARS hotel and this condition is very clear on every web site. There is no lift becouse all our rooms are on the first floor. You are right that the room was for four people even if you booked a room for two but this is an upgrade for a bigger room without any extra charge!!!!. For all our guest...if you need an hairdrier ask for it to the reception .....no preoblem we have them.
Thanks