All reviews basic accommodation budget hotel croissants tourist tax breakfast included hotel staff superb location small hotel people mover overlooking the canal plug convenience
Reviewed May 19, 2017

I traveled to Venice alone but found a family at the Hotel Airone. The staff was so helpful from finding water taxi to my wifi. Continental breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I felt very safe and my view from my room was beautiful overlooking the canal. The room was very basic, common for Europe. But who stays in their room where you have a terrific city like Venice to venture out in. I will differently stay here the next time I go to Venice.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank brickell05
Reviewed May 11, 2017

The hotel is very basic, only advisable if you are going to spend very limited time in the room. But the location is excellent and the views over the grand canal really charming. Considering prices inside Venice, I would repeat.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank X2753ATmartaa
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

This hotel/hostel is average in what they offer. The only downside to this is that you share a bathroom with the whole floor and you have to take your sandals and compete with everyone. And have no toilet inside your room, so if you sleep in boxers and wake up in the middle of the night, it's disturbing.
I personally felt that place to be haunted, but this is only to believers.
It is a bit dirty for me, but I am very special with details.
The good side is that you are in Venice and have everything to walking distance.
Have view to a canal if your room is lucky.
Good price for breakfast.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yureni P
Reviewed April 16, 2017

I stayed here with my husband for one night as we were on our way Ljubljana. I booked the room five months previously having already booked flights! I had failed to realise how expensive rooms were in Venice. This room fitted my budget and looked reasonable. Personally it fell below what I had expected. The room was very narrow and had three beds, one single one double and was clean with its own small bathroom. It is run by the hotel next door and that is where you check in. I think it is really hostel accommodation and it may well describe itself as a hostel. I don't remember. That said it is in a great location for the railway and right on the Grand Canal giving excellent views of all water traffic. Lots of coffee shops souvenir shops etc.right next door and close by. Probably represents quite good value for money in Venice but never the less cost just over 100 euros for the night with no breakfast included.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed February 6, 2017

Stayed for 4 nights. Firsty the room we were given was full of ants which seemed to have crawled in through a window. we refused this and moved to another room which was cleaner. stayed Bed+breakfast the food was basic but not terrible. location is good not far from where the bus station is and near a burger king on the grand canal. weather was clear and dry throughout our stay. I'd recommend getting a 3 day pass for the vaparetto as that makes life so much easier than walking around as you will 100% get lost!. Lots of good restaurants within a reasonable walking distance. there arent too many bars on their own most bars are with restaurants. alot of great sights and things to do in and around venice. I'd recommend it and it doesnt SMELL!

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple