“Learning from a local - wonderful experience”

Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
Hobart, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Learning from a local - wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

All aspects of our experience with Marco was professional from the online booking to the warm and personalised tour. What was really unique about Marco's tour was that we felt that Marco was introducing us to his home. As we walked from one amazing photo opportunity to another Marco told us about the history of Venice and about his experiences growing up in such a watery city. The book shop we visited will be a lasting memory, we would not have experienced this side of Venice without Marco's help. Marco showed us where he and the other locals have lunch, it was like an Italian tapas, and encouraged us to do the same. The food was fresh and tasty and the house wine fantastic, all for 4.00€ each.

1 Thank Peta_and_Stu

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Highly recommended!

We visited Venice in September & booked a photo walk with Marco. The photo walk was the highlight of our trip. Marco is a friendly, kind and humble man who will help you capture amazing images of Venice that you will cherish for a long time. Marco was also a wonderful guide who provided both myself and my husband with invaluable information of Venice's history and surrounds.

Marco also provided valuable advice which helped improve my DSLR camera skills dramatically. Thankyou Marco for such a great tour!

1 Thank MLMurray
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mrco Secchi is the man!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There's not much I can say that already hasn't been said about a walking photography tour with Marco Secchi. Of all the events on our European adventure, this was my most anticipated. Marco did not disappoint. To learn a thing or two about photography from a professional of his standing is great, but his personality and subtle humor turns a good activity into an exceptional one! Marco also provided some recommendations for additional journeys and lunch and dinner. When I travel, I want to experience food from a locals perspective. Marco's recommendations did not disappoint. Our cicchetti for lunch was awesome...and relatively inexpensive. Supper was very good with a phenomenal view. Marco is the kind of guy you want to ask to lunch/dinner once the tour is complete. Marco, I thank you for a wonderful 3 hours filled with a lifetime of memories!

2 Thank Jay S
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a fun way to see Venice! Marco combines his native knowledge of Venice, the experiences of a world traveler and his photographic expertise to provide a great experience. I love to take nice pictures and am always looking for ways to learn more about photography. I was concerned that my wife who is not interested in the topic at all would be bored or disinterested. Instead Marco was able to combine the photography lesson for me while at the same time providing us with a world class tour of Venice. More impressive was being able to see the Venice that many people never get to see. Including, a used book store, where, due to frequent flooding, all the books are in boats or bathtubs. I am sure not many tourists get to see this! The photos I returned home with from our trip to Venice were wonderful with friends and family amazed at the high quality of the photos many of which look like postcards. I just say, its not me, its from Marco!!!

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An absolute treat!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I booked a 3 hour walking tour with Marco on our honeymoon in the beginning of August and are so glad that we did. Firstly, Marco was fantastic at keeping us up to date with everything we needed to know prior to our visit before we arrived. We nearly didn't get our walk at all because he had been suffering from a chest infection and the heat and humidity were playing havoc with him. Luckily for us though, he pulled through enough to turn up at the agreed time in the afternoon at our hotel. Immediately he put us at ease and we set off on our walk.

The things Marco showed us were things we would never see on our own and his knowledge and stories about Venice kept us entertained so much that the trip seemed to fly past. One of the highlights for us was the amazing flooding bookshop where they had the very simple system of filing everything under 'B' for book!!!

It was the details which made this special though. Even though it's me who is the novice photographer, Marco kept my wife completely entertained with his sharp wit and compelling stories at the same time as advising me on perfect settings to have my camera and giving me ideas for great photos. The small details he provided and the sense of pride in his home shone through. He even gave is advice on places to eat during our stay - most of which we tried and none of which we regretted (we were a bit tough to cater for in that we're not seafood fans - much like Marco's wife apparently).

The memories of Marco's walk will stay with us for life and the photos I managed to take were a credit to his excellent advice. Please, everyone, don't hesitate to book this tour if you're going to Venice. Get the best walking tour of Venice before his work takes him away. I don't think we would have enjoyed our stay in Venice nearly as much had we not started it with Marco.

Thank you Marco!