“UNIQUE CITY - MUST VIST ONCE IN YOUR LIFE - WITHOUT THE KIDS !”

Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Visted Venice , Italy , for the 2nd time with my Wife Elaine whilst our 13yr old Son was in Germany with the school -First time was 5yrs ago which we enjoyed but complete lack of Child attractions limited our enjoyment thro his boredom.

This time was excellent , stayed at Hotel Caneletto , very central and only 4 mins from Rialto Bridge so everything was easily accessible on foot thus saving having to buy Water bus ticket unless you wanted to vist other Islands such as Lido , Murano or Burano or just spend an hour travelling around the whole of Central Venice by boat.

The Hotel was small, clean and very friendly with Period furniture all over with a Mini Bar in the room and an excellent Buffet breakfast to start your day before putting on Walking boots on and start the exploring for the day.
A Maze of tiny alley ways linked by bridges with obscure signs leads everyone to get lost and your map is in constant use thro your stay but this all leads to the fun of Venice !
Food and drink is everywhere with prices to fit all pockets but alcohol is expensive with 330ml Bottle beer approx 5/6€ so Off licence purchase and Hotel Mini Bar is a cheap way to start your nite if on a budget but food is very reasonable with Fish meals being our Fav.
The Fish & Veg market ,6 days , 1st right over Rialto Bridge is a must to vist mid Morning for an amazing experience with small bars serving Tapas and by Evening this area has become " The New In Place to Be Out ! " with a host of new trendy Bars with everyone standing in the Streets with music everywhere and a Young atmosphere prevailing.
The overall impression is of organised disorganisation with everything everywhere but it all gets done and even late at night in the back alleys ,a feeling of safety prevails and a No hastle policy apart from the Main Restaurant areas is a nice plus point.
Overall , an extremely nice vist with 2/3 full days needed to explore comfortably but you must be very mobile and able to walk for 8hrs/day to take in everything that this unique City has to offer.
A new City Tax of 3€/Person/Night is payable on departure from Hotel which wasn't explained before departure so leave some money for the end.
We flew with Monarch and had excellent flights and times from Manchester and would recommend them very highly with Walk on Bags all that's needed as there's No Dressie Up places unless you want it with all places having a very casual approach to clothes.
Go and get lost lost in Venice in the best possible way and enjoy this vibrant place at least once in your Life - you won't regret it and will want to return !
AVIVERDECHI VENICE

in 23 reviews
"taking photos"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our experience was great with Marco from beginning to end. He was prompt with email, and flexible on dates due to weather and the Venice marathon. Walking around the city with Marco was like having a good friend take us around. He was very knowledgeable about the city, landmarks and great cicchetti bars. He was also very helpful in giving me tips on how to use my camera settings to the fullest and also on how to capture creative shots. My husband wasn't taking any pictures, but he loved the tour regardless. We ended the day sharing cicchetti's and wine. A perfect end to a great tour of the city and one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. Grazie Marco! Hope to see you again one day!

1  Thank E Y
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was such a pleasure emailing and then meeting Marco Secchi. He was very accommodating (when my husband had problems with his camera, Marco researched on how to fix it, even after thr tour) and kind. we availed of the photo walk plus venice passport; he told us about Venetian history & culture throughout the tour, taught us how to take better photos, and he took beautiful photos of us. highly recommend this for couples on their honeymoon. Could also work for families (with older kids though, since it entails a lot of walking). What was also great was we were there for the Carnivale so the photos were even more interesting. Also i think it is nicer to visit this time of the year, you could barely smell the canals.:) Lastly, he was also very prompt in emailing us our photos.

2  Thank Mirzky
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We contacted Marco via e-mail some months before our trip to Italy with inquiries regarding his walking tours of Venice. He replied promptly explaining where we might walk in Venice and what could be achieved in a morning tour and asking about our photographic skill level and whether there was something that we particularly wished to improve. As we are both enthusiastic amateur photographers, anything that we could learn from such an experienced professional would be beneficial. On the day of the tour (January, 2013), the weather was overcast and cold, however, Marco did not let that interfere with the tour and we began to learn things from him almost immediately. He soon understood our personalities and what type of photography we were interested in and was leading us to all these quirky and distinctive places of the "real Venice" away from the overtly touristy areas. By the end of the tour, it was like we had been best friends for ages and he was showing us his favourite places of Venice - including his favourite trattorias. This was one of the best things that we did on our whole tour of Italy and it proved a wonderful Christmas present for Bea.

1  Thank Beaandian
See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I contacted Marco a few months in advance. He answered all my questions and seemed very friendly via email. The day before my tour with him, he emailed telling me that the weather was horrific, rain going sideways and was concerned about the weather conditions for our tour. We made a few arrangements then when I arrived in Venice for the day, the weather was just fine. I contacted him and we met up at the Rialto Bridge. If you're in Venice for just a day, buy a 12 hour ticket for the water bus.

Walking around Venice with Marco was like walking around the city with your best mate. He'll tell you stories, history and help you take some cleverly posed photos while walking around the confusing streets of Venice. He even answered all my questions. I happened to have a list of things I wanted to see and do in Venice for the day and Marco just happened to be ticking them off one at a time and helped tick of ones that I didn't even consider as a solo traveller. He also pointed out a little cafe that has some good cheap eats that tourists would definitely have missed.

Before ending the tour, he marked out on my map how to get to the water bus stop for Burano and told me to contact him if I had trouble finding my way around. What an awesome guy!

Definitely recommend a photo walking tour with Marco!

2  Thank Katrina T