“Marvelous Marco!”

Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
Torrance, California
“Marvelous Marco!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My hubby and I spent a most enjoyable afternoon with Marco, visiting lesser know, scenic canals. I have a "nice point and shoot" camera, and Marco showed me how to get the most out of it. I got some amazing shots, and he took a couple great pics of the two of us. When you meet Marco, you feel like you are visiting an old friend. He is so patient, interesting, creative, funny, and an all around cool guy to hang out with. He shared so many great tips with me, from must have iphone camera apps, to suggesting a camera that he thought I would really love. While I was snapping away, he engaged my husband with interesting facts about Venice. We both absolutely loved the photo walk! Marco is a class act, highly recommend!!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Time well spent, even in a deluge! :-)”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Marco met my wife and I (and active 4 year old) at the hotel and we had a wonderful time learning from this Venetian native and accomplished professional. Marco has a pleasant personality and a charming manner which remained unconcerned as a sprinkle turned to a 3 day deluge! Highly recommended tour...even with the tough weather we finished with some great shots of a birthday weekend which we will treasure forever!

Centennial, Colorado
361 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 388 helpful votes
“A MUST DO IN VENICE”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

we booked this tour before we left the U.S.A. which is highly recommended as he is very busy. When we met with Marco he was so easy going and with in a few minutes i felt like he was a close friend of mine. He is very professional and knowledgeable with a great sence of humor. He came to our hotel to pick us up which was great because trying to find my way around venice, i may not have found him. He took us to alot of places off the tourist circut and saw so many things i would have never seen on my own. He showed me so many things about my camera that i didnt even know existed plus he showed me how to use different angles to capture the best shot. Marco also showed me how to use my I phone camera and many different features it had. I had no idea it could do so many things. He is also very knowledgable about Venice. We took a break because my feet were hurting and he bought us a spritzer and some hour d overs. He is never in a rush and when our tour was over he came into the hotel and sat with us and just chatted about photography and other things. This was the most fun and interesting thing I have done in Venice. THANK YOU SO MUCH MARCO FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL TOUR. You have left me with such great memories. I will definetely book another tour with him in the future. This is something everyone should do and not only in Venice but other countries. Marco truly makes it interesting, knowlegable, and fun. Thank you again for such a wonderful time

Taos
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Venice through the lens of Marco”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Marco and I had been emailing in advance and I felt I knew him before we met. He guided us through Venice from early morning to noon. He began by asking us about the platforms in St Marks Square...what were they for? We thought a concert. He explained they were for the expected flooding in a day or two when the rains came and the tides were higher and that if the drains throughout the square, indeed throughout the city were not in place to let the water in when the tides got higher, the pressure would crack the foundations. So began our adventure in understanding Venice present and past! This was accompanied by many suggestions in framing and capturing photos. Marco also suggested we visit Burano in the late afternoon, which we did. Amazing colourful houses! Thanks so much for a marvellous time. Jim and Dianne Gannon

Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Honeymoon in Italy topped off with Marco's photography & tour”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived in Venice on Thursday, October 11th. Marco and I had planned to communicate via email or text when we arrived in town and determine the best time for our gondola tour. I had ordered the 3-hour gondola ride + photo walk, putting a deposit down via PayPal on his website. My wife and I were just married two weeks prior and had been traveling in Italy for 12 days. Venice was our last stop and the surprise I had planned (Marco and his tour) would be perfect.

However, the weather did not cooperate. It rained horribly on Thursday, so Marco and I cancelled. We communicated the next morning, Friday, and decided to hold off a few hours. I was worried that it wasn't going to work out; we were leaving Saturday morning and if it didn't stop raining, Marco and I would have to cancel.

Finally, Friday afternoon we met. Marco met us at our hotel, and from there we walked around for about 45 minutes and took photos. My wife and I dressed up a bit--we wanted some great photos of the city and us--and Marco was great. He speaks excellent English, is full of knowledge about the city, and funny, too! I felt more like I was hanging out with a friend, not someone I had just met from halfway around the world.

As soon as we stepped on our gondola, the sun peaked through the clouds, and the rain stopped. It was beautiful weather! One of the reasons I chose Marco was that he was able to select the best gondolier and water tour--so we didn't have to fall into some sort of tourist trap or pay for too short or subpar trip. And boy was our gondolier great! Marco hopped in the boat, too, and Lucca took us on a 55 minute adventure around the city. We avoided the main waterways and stuck to back alleys and peaceful areas. Lucca has been working around gondolas and since he was 7 years ago, and his grandfather built the boat we were on. My wife really really really wanted him to sing (I had conveyed this to Marco ahead of time, even after Marco said "they don't really do that"!), and Marco must have asked Lucca really nicely to sing...and it was my wife's favorite part.

Overall I would highly recommend this gondola ride + photo shoot for any couple in Venice. It was worth every single Euro, a great way to see the city, and Marco was a gem. Thanks, Marco & Lucca!

--Dan