“Honeymoon in Italy topped off with Marco's photography & tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour

Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through the city of Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Honeymoon in Italy topped off with Marco's photography & tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived in Venice on Thursday, October 11th. Marco and I had planned to communicate via email or text when we arrived in town and determine the best time for our gondola tour. I had ordered the 3-hour gondola ride + photo walk, putting a deposit down via PayPal on his website. My wife and I were just married two weeks prior and had been traveling in Italy for 12 days. Venice was our last stop and the surprise I had planned (Marco and his tour) would be perfect.

However, the weather did not cooperate. It rained horribly on Thursday, so Marco and I cancelled. We communicated the next morning, Friday, and decided to hold off a few hours. I was worried that it wasn't going to work out; we were leaving Saturday morning and if it didn't stop raining, Marco and I would have to cancel.

Finally, Friday afternoon we met. Marco met us at our hotel, and from there we walked around for about 45 minutes and took photos. My wife and I dressed up a bit--we wanted some great photos of the city and us--and Marco was great. He speaks excellent English, is full of knowledge about the city, and funny, too! I felt more like I was hanging out with a friend, not someone I had just met from halfway around the world.

As soon as we stepped on our gondola, the sun peaked through the clouds, and the rain stopped. It was beautiful weather! One of the reasons I chose Marco was that he was able to select the best gondolier and water tour--so we didn't have to fall into some sort of tourist trap or pay for too short or subpar trip. And boy was our gondolier great! Marco hopped in the boat, too, and Lucca took us on a 55 minute adventure around the city. We avoided the main waterways and stuck to back alleys and peaceful areas. Lucca has been working around gondolas and since he was 7 years ago, and his grandfather built the boat we were on. My wife really really really wanted him to sing (I had conveyed this to Marco ahead of time, even after Marco said "they don't really do that"!), and Marco must have asked Lucca really nicely to sing...and it was my wife's favorite part.

Overall I would highly recommend this gondola ride + photo shoot for any couple in Venice. It was worth every single Euro, a great way to see the city, and Marco was a gem. Thanks, Marco & Lucca!

--Dan

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great guy, great tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Marco is a great guy to hang out with for a few hours. He is a well traveled professional photographer (works for Getty images) and a native Venetian. His pictures illustrate a photographic guide book to Venice. This makes him a great resource if you are interested in a photo tour of Venice.
I am serious amateur photographer and booked an early morning tour with Marco. My wife and daughter, who are not into photography at all, also came along and could not stop raving about him - a testament to his ability to engage everyone. Marco is a genuinely nice guy who goes beyond what he is contracted to do. Marco brought along his tripod for my use, tried to pay for some drinks we ordered, and overran our time without charging us extra.
Marco will take you to photogenic spots that you might not notice otherwise, show you more interesting angles of the classic landmarks, and help you take better pictures, even if all you have is your smartphone. One of his assignments was to cover the London Olympics with nothing but an iPhone! If you plan on using your iPhone, you might want to get his recommendations to download one or two inexpensive apps that will help you get better pictures. He will tailor his assistance to your skill level, irrespective of whether you are a novice or an expert.
If your time in Venice is limited and your intention is to see (inside and outside) the highlights of Venice, Marco is not your guy. I would suggest him as a 'side trip'. The best time for photography is early morning or evening, and you can usually accommodate one tour with Marco, and another with a guide or tour group in one day.

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Venetian Early Morning photo tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a wonderful experience. Saw many sights that as a tourist I would have never found. Marco gave me alot of photo tips, and helped me enhance my skills & photos. I enjoyed it so much that I scheduled another photo tour in Paris.

Olympia
“La Serenissima”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

The perfect way to begin my trip to Italy. Sharing a three hour stroll through the streets and alleys of Venice with Marco was one of the highlights of my vacation. His unabashed love of the city, its culture and history shine. Marco shares tips on photography, guiding you to sites perfect for testing newly learned techniques. He is adept at tailoring the tour to your interests. Best of all, this tour helped me learn to see things differently--the sites and sounds of Italy were more vivid and my experience richer. Thank you Marco!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Getting the history feeling the charm of Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This 3+ hour walking tour of Venice was the highlight of our trip to Venice and we enjoyed Marco and Julian each unique in their own style and charm.

Thanks again for a different slant on an eternal city.