“Great guy, great tour.”

Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Marco is a great guy to hang out with for a few hours. He is a well traveled professional photographer (works for Getty images) and a native Venetian. His pictures illustrate a photographic guide book to Venice. This makes him a great resource if you are interested in a photo tour of Venice.
I am serious amateur photographer and booked an early morning tour with Marco. My wife and daughter, who are not into photography at all, also came along and could not stop raving about him - a testament to his ability to engage everyone. Marco is a genuinely nice guy who goes beyond what he is contracted to do. Marco brought along his tripod for my use, tried to pay for some drinks we ordered, and overran our time without charging us extra.
Marco will take you to photogenic spots that you might not notice otherwise, show you more interesting angles of the classic landmarks, and help you take better pictures, even if all you have is your smartphone. One of his assignments was to cover the London Olympics with nothing but an iPhone! If you plan on using your iPhone, you might want to get his recommendations to download one or two inexpensive apps that will help you get better pictures. He will tailor his assistance to your skill level, irrespective of whether you are a novice or an expert.
If your time in Venice is limited and your intention is to see (inside and outside) the highlights of Venice, Marco is not your guy. I would suggest him as a 'side trip'. The best time for photography is early morning or evening, and you can usually accommodate one tour with Marco, and another with a guide or tour group in one day.

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"taking photos"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a wonderful experience. Saw many sights that as a tourist I would have never found. Marco gave me alot of photo tips, and helped me enhance my skills & photos. I enjoyed it so much that I scheduled another photo tour in Paris.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The perfect way to begin my trip to Italy. Sharing a three hour stroll through the streets and alleys of Venice with Marco was one of the highlights of my vacation. His unabashed love of the city, its culture and history shine. Marco shares tips on photography, guiding you to sites perfect for testing newly learned techniques. He is adept at tailoring the tour to your interests. Best of all, this tour helped me learn to see things differently--the sites and sounds of Italy were more vivid and my experience richer. Thank you Marco!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This 3+ hour walking tour of Venice was the highlight of our trip to Venice and we enjoyed Marco and Julian each unique in their own style and charm.

Thanks again for a different slant on an eternal city.