“A Must Tour for all.”

Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After reading excellent reviews in trip advisor, booked in photo walk tour with Marco Secchi. We agreed to meet early morning. He was on time to pick us up from our hotel.

He took us through little alleyways around Venice to few places. He arranged for the gondola ride himself and all was included in his fee. Gondolier Luca that Marco arranged for was so polite as well. Absolutely loved the romantic ride. He took some lovely snaps along the way. Though, this was the first time we met him, he had the ability to make us feel as if we had known him for years. He was so down to earth and knowledgeable.

He took us to a couple of places for breakfast and then to a lovely Canteen in Rialto called 'Do Spade' for snacks. We went back there everyday for the remainder of our stay as we liked it so much. His advice on travelling around in Venice and travelling to Murano, Burano was very helpful. We had forgotten to bring our travel adapters to Venice. Marco kindly dropped off his own adapter to our hotel for the length of our stay as we didn't have to buy one. He was extremely helpful.

We have beautiful memories from our trip to Venice and a part of this was due to Marco Secchi. I am now friends with him on facebook and his fan as an amateaur photographer myself.

If you visit Venice, you must book him for a tour. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great communication prior to our visit to Venice from Australia via e-mail.
Paid via Paypal.
On time and great evening/twilight tour.
Not only a fantastic photographer but a very interesting Gentleman to talk to on many subjects.
Fully recomend the tour and Marco as a person is beyond reproach.
PLUS we took some great shots and Marco bought the Spritz at the end of the tour.
Purrrfect.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had an amazing experience with Marco. We highly recommend to tour Venice with him. He will show you all Venice's secret places in a way you won't forget. Book the tour, and enjoy!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We just returned from a whirlwind European Trip. We paid for excursions daily and did everything we possibly had available to do and see. Our time with Marco was definitely the hi-light of our entire trip. I was apprehensive about scheduling and financially committing to a private tour on the internet. I became comfortable working with Marco immediately through emails which he was always prompt in responding to. He gave us many options to what we might enjoy and worked with us to custom plan our time with him. Marco met us in the morning with the option of continuing later for an evening setting. We immediately fell in love with his city. He is a professional photographer and was very willing to share his knowledge with us. He is very sincere and was very conscientious about getting the best value for your money. With his suggestion we chose to tour Morano and Borano on our own since it was a 45 min boat ride each way. He didn't feel (and we whole heartily agreed) it was the best use of our investment to pay him for his time to commute to the islands. Someone else may have taken advantage of the opportunity to make more money but not Marco. We happened to spend less time with him than we had prepaid for. He was adament about refunding the unused time and a credit was issued to our paypal account before the day was over. You will never find a more trustworthy and honest proffessional person in the tourist industry. Thank you Marco for our wonderful memories of Venise.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Marco was very quick to respond with all his email communications in the planning of our photo walk and this same responsiveness was evident in the walk itself. He took us through the Castello area (I think) and I was completely lost. However, when we continued to explore Venice over the next several days ourselves, we often found ourselves in an area which looked quite familiar and realized Marco had taken us there. It was a great orientation to some of the city. It seemed like we covered a lot of ground which was great, and during our walk he was genuine and very easy to talk with.

At times it felt difficult to be in Venice because of the hordes of tourists (and I'm one of them!) and it would be difficult to not be aware of the trials this causes its residents. I unfortunately came across a couple of people during my time there which made me regret being a tourist because of what they said to me.

But having this photo walk with Marco was a lovely experience because he grew up in Venice and who, despite the difficulties caused by swarms of tourists, was genuinely interested in us and pleased to show us his beautiful city.

He was very helpful to my partner whose camera was new to him and his approach to photography (usually includes people in his photos) gave me an opportunity to rethink the decisions I make about what I include or exclude in my photos. He also gave me some feedback about the perspective of my specific DSLR and how to compensate (it's not a full frame camera).

I know Marco is incredibly busy so if he happens to be available when you're requesting a tour, don't hesitate to attend. Thank you so much, Marco and I wish you all good things!!