New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 462 Venice B&B and Inns
Auckland, New Zealand
“Total delight.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I enjoyed everything about our stay at Locanda Orseolo, from stepping off from our water taxi straight into the property, to the moment we had to leave.
The staff greeted us warmly, and had organised our room to be ready early for us, which was much needed after a harrowing car ride from Villefrance-sur-Mer to Nice airport. Our room was sumptuous, in the style of local Venetian shops. There was a sitting room, then the main bedroom, and an ample sized bathroom. You could view the passing gondolas from the windows in both rooms.
After a brief rest we went exploring, armed with a map provided by Barbara, indicating lunch establishments that fitted our criteria (simple, local food).
The staff were helpful in all other requests too (including my half a lemon with breakfast!).
In the room was a dossier with a list of local highlights, which we took great advantage of. If you plan to do the "Secret Itineraries tour" of Doge's Palace, as recommended, make sure you book in advance.
It was a total delight staying here, it is so nice to feel "taken care of".

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 213belindaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. It was like staying with an excellent family. The location was good, near San Marco, but in a private courtyard. My daughter loved looking out of our windows at the gondoliers. Breakfast was great as well. We will definitely stay there again when we return to Venice. Our only complaint was that the boats in the canal next to our room were quite loud in the mornings, but that is part of being in venice after all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews...I booked direct through the hotel and I received e-mail confirmation pretty quickly - all of my e-mail correspondence to the hotel was answered promptly and the information provided was very helpful. This was my first trip to Venice and we stayed here for 4 nights in April of 2014. Our room was very small, but adequate. We were greeted warmly at check in. When we first entered our hotel room we were a little disappointed; I knew it would be small and cozy, but it was even smaller then we were anticipating -- it was dated, very small, a little dark, etc .
I was traveling with a very good female friend and if we were not such good friends it would have been uncomfortable staying in such tight quarters. I would only stay in the room we had with a very close friend or my husband or my Mom or alone (you get the idea)...it would be too small for anything else. We had to move out of each other's way to get into the bathroom. The bathroom had a sliding pocket door and does not give much privacy in regard to noise, and the bathroom is tiny, with almost no counter space. With that said, the room had everything we needed and we did not have any problems; it was clean and well-kept. As the days went by I came to like the little room...even though it was not quite what I was initially expecting. I can't remember what the room was called (they each have names) but it had a long name and a painting on the wall with a guy who is drinking out of a bottle of wine; it was a standard room with a double bed. We did have to walk up a few flights of stairs to get to our room - which we knew in advance and was no problem.
Each side of the bed had a built-in wardrobe to hang clothes in - which was perfect for us. the window opened up to the courtyard below (no screen on the window which appears to be the norm outside of the United States) The bed had a ledge/shelf which had plug ins on both sides so we could charge IPhones and camera batteries easily. The WIFI worked well for us - it was quick enough to use FaceTime on an IPhone to the United States. Every single one of the staff members were extremely nice, helpful, and accommodating. The location cannot be beat. No matter how lost you get (and you will get lost), you can always find your way back to St. Mark's Square and then easily find your hotel no matter how tired you are or how late/dark it is. Print the little map they send to you via e-mail and then when you get to St. Mark's Square you will understanding were to walk diagonal across the square (the corner of the street you take off of St. Mark's Square has typewriters in the window on the right hand side- you will know what I mean when you see it) Again, I cannot state how easy it is to find your hotel...this will make you very happy at the end of each day.
We came back to the hotel late most nights, so most of our interactions were with the newest member of the staff, I'm embarrassed to admit, that I cannot remember his name, but he was young and worked the night shift - he greeted us by name, was very helpful, he looked up train schedules for us, talked to us about restaurants, gave us a lot of helpful information, and he was extremely nice. In addition, each morning the staff greeted us by name, offered us breakfast and coffee - we usually just got a quick bite to eat from the small buffet - roll, meat , cheese and the staff made us an Italian Espresso each day--which I absolutely love. They always offered to cook us something if we wanted something hot...like crepes, eggs, etc. - we did not have them cook anything for us, but the other guests seemed to really enjoy the food; especially the crepes.
I will stay here on all of my future visits to Venice - the staff and the location are awesome; we could not have hoped for better on our first trip to Venice - I was extremely happy with this hotel because of the location and the staff...they made our stay awesome! The staff here, is by far, the most helpful, friendliest, most accommodating hotel staff I have ever encountered anywhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aurora_21
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in June with our 2 teenagers. It was a great find. The staff were kind and so accommodating. We loved our evening drinks looking out the windows onto the canal, the glass chandeliers in the guest rooms and the crepes at breakfast. A very convenient location but also a bit out of the way. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Courtyard view not much to speak of but certainly quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The friendly and helpful staff made my 2 night stay a pleasure. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Not only did they provide directions to all the places I wished to find. They arranged transport (leaving through the window) recommended restaurants and made sure I was given directions. No request was a hassle. I would definitely recommend Locanda Orseolo and stay there again.
The room was spacious and the bathroom surprisingly large for a Venetian hotel.
The location is perfect and easy to find. The breakfast is surprisingly good for a B/B and the Crepe a real treat.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room and although no view of the canal it was probably more quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Not only is this small intimate hotel in the perfect position it is run by family who I found to be genuinely warm & friendly. From the moment I made our reservation to the day we departed all expectations were exceeded. Every staff member introduced themselves & remembered our names for the rest of our stay. They would greet us in the mornings, ask what we were doing that day, then offer advice. Nothing was too much trouble, it truly felt like visiting old friends.
The rooms are all furnished in Venetian style with frescoes on the walls, this made us still feel connected to Venice when we were in our room.
When we were leaving Gigi gave us some great information on Paris, our next destination.
Don't hesitate, stay here & explore Venice with the help of true Venetians.

Room Tip: Request a canal side room when booking
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

While many locations in Venice are very pricey, this one has location and service of offerings.

Front desk personnel were very knowledgeable about navigating the night mare of streets in Venice. They provided advice and maps with good directions.

The location is right off st marks square. Follow the directions very closely. Coming from the train station, make sure you are taking the correct line to get to the proper waterbus station at st mark's.

Place was clean, rooms ver a littler tight, but manageable. Remember you are right on a canal in Venice, so there is noise, but trade that for the singing gondoliers and church bells...

Room Tip: Get a room facing the canal- what a treat!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple