“Really super”

Carnival Palace Hotel
Ranked #53 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Perfect location at the head of the grand canal, meant a walk in to St Marks but so much to see, took many different routes all fascinating. alternatively the waterbus stops right outside

The hotel perfect,great décor, did not hear a sound even though it was full, absolutely fabulous room, staff very helpful, even loaned us wellies for walkin in high tide. Can't fault the place will return soon

3  Thank Alison F
CarnivalPalace, Assistant Manager at Carnival Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest

On behalf of the Team of the Carnival Palace Hotel we would like to thank You for sharing your experience about your stay with us! We appreciate your time and effort!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our modern venetian decor as wella as our staff's attention and that you were able to have a great time with us! Our aim is to provide our guests a high class service and comfortable rooms so that they can enjoy Venice as much as possible!

It's a pleasure also to know that you had a smooth day during high tide! We try our best to make that moment run as swift as possible and make our guests feel confident and comfortable to go experience the "acqua alta".

We would be delighted to welcome you once again to the Carnival Palace Hotel and wish you a happy new year!

With warm regards

There are newer reviews for Carnival Palace Hotel

Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel was very modern with a fabulous bathroom and layout. The breakfast was plentiful and the products fresh, with prosecco available for those who wished ;-). The room was not ready when we arrived and we waited for it, slightly longer than I would have preferred. (3 hours after official check in time) however I think this lapse from the staff was due to a shift handover. No real problems, other than we should have queried it sooner. Would highly recommend the hotel, within walking distance once you get your bearings and also about 200m from a water bus stop.

2  Thank MJandMike

Dear Guest

We would like to say Thank You for sharing your experience about your stay at the Carnival Palace! We appreciate your time and effort very much!

We are delighted to read that that you enjoyed our modern venitian design and that were able to have a great time with us! Our aim is to provide our guests a high class service and comfortable rooms so that they can enjoy Venice as much as possible!

It's a pleasure also to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and our authentic location!

On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear about the long waiting time during check-in. I would like to aopolize for it and ensure you that your observations is taken seriously as it helps us improving our service.

We would be delighted to welcome you once again to the Carnival Palace Hotel and wish you happy holidays!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I really loved this hotel and would be VERY happy to have the chance to stay here again. The only fault I think you could find would be the location is a bit far from the major tourist attractions like Rialto or Piazza San Marco, but there are other benefits to that. I heard the hotel has only been opened since Aug 2012 so that would explain the comments on the condition.

Check-in was easy and quick. Man at the desk was very friendly and offered directions and a map. I didn't know this until my colleague told me, but the last morning I was there, the tide was high and some places were flooded. The hotel loans out rubber boots and unbrellas if you ask them. No charge. They even walked me to the Guglie water bus stop (me wearing the boots because it was flooded) and took the boots back. Great service!

Room was very clean, big, and not just modern, but stylish. Big bed (2 doubles together) with nice sheets and pillows. Not to hard, not too soft. Light switches right next to the bed so you don't have to get out to turn them off. Flat screen TV with a ton of channels in many languages. English, French, German, and Russian for sure. Can't remember if there were more. I was only on the 2nd floor and facing a courtyard so my view wasn't anything exciting, but who stays in the room in Venice? If you want a nice view, just walk anywhere outside. Good desk and fast, free Internet connection. Even the halls had cool LED lighting. I couldn't even tell what all the door lock did, but there were a lot of LEDs on it.

The bathroom was big also and had a color-changing light above the tub/shower. Kind of odd, but fun. Shower pressure and temp was great.

Breakfast was included and had everything I needed and good quality. Good croissants, breads, cereals, fresh fruits (cantaloupe and pineapple plus bananas, oranges, and apples), and maybe some meats and cheeses (I'm vegetarian so I don't pay too much attention). I really liked the croissants with jam inside and asked where they got them and they just gave me some.

Location is very close to the 3 Arches bridge. If you come from the airport, the water bus stops about 3 min. away at Guglie. The walk to Piazza San Marco is about 30 min, but don't let that put you off. Venice is a place you need to walk around. There are lots of restaurants, shops, historic places, etc. on the way. The hotel was very quiet at night. Train station is about 7-10 min. walk?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank HiHoHiHoRDU

Dear Guest

On behalf of the Team of the Carnival Palace Hotel we would like to say Thank You for sharing your experience about your stay with us! We appreciate your time and effort!

We are delighted to read that we met your expectations and that you were able to have a great time with us! Our aim is to provide our guests a high class service and comfortable rooms so that they can enjoy Venice as much as possible!

It's a real pleasure also to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and our authentic location!

We would be delighted to welcome you once again to the Carnival Palace and wish you a very happy new year!

With warm regards

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The location was good. Reasonably far away from all the tourist traps which is great if you don't mind a bit of a walk to St Marcs etc. The hotel was new so still in very good condition and very clean. A little like a discotheque in the halls and very minimalistic in the rooms - no cupboards to put clothes away just hooks on the wall and no kettle or any tea/coffee making facilities in the room. This was pretty inconvenient as we were travelling with a toddler so making any food for her was difficult. No iron etc either. And honestly for the price you pay at this hotel I would expect a kettle! We stayed in the suite for extra room and it was great that a sliding door separated the bedroom from the sitting area. Breakfasts were pretty awful but staff in the breakfast room were very pleasant. It was pretty hit and miss with reception staff however. We had a cot provided but for an extra charge. Easy to access from the airport via water taxi or shuttle

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trekabout

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you very much for sharing your experience about your stay at the Carnival Palace! We appreciate your time and effort very much!

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our spacious Suite as well as our staff's attention. Our aim is to provide our guests a high class service and comfortable rooms so that they can enjoy Venice as much as possible.

Regarding the tea making, I regrest to inform you that we are not allowed to provide any item that can cause fire in our guest rooms (like tea making, irons, etc), by law. Venice's fire regulation is very strict and that's the reason why you didn't find any in the room. Please note that we offer 24/7 room service in order to satisfy all your needs.

It's a pleasure also to know that you enjoyed our authentic location!

We would be delighted to welcome you once again to the Carnival Palace!

Wishing you a happy New Year 2013!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My brother and I enjoyed our stay here in Venice, close to the train station so its an easy walk no need to grab a water taxi not worth the price!! We didn't have any real issues, the beds aren't the most comfortable and my brother ended up sleeping on the chaise lounge...But over all really enjoyed the hotel and Venice!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CarnivalPalace, Assistant Manager at Carnival Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Carnival Palace Hotel! We appreciate very much your time and effort.

It's a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our aim is to provide our guests an exclusiv service and comfortable rooms so that they can enjoy Venice as much as possible.

I'm sorry to hear that your brother didn't like our mattress as we bought the best we could find on the market. They are called "Heavenly bed" and are the same used by big hotel chains like Starwood.

If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you once again to the Carnival Palace Hotel!

Wishing you happy holidays

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Beautiful very modern hotel, friendly helpful staff, excellent choice of food & drink for breakfast and in a great location! Only 45 mins by Alilaguna (27 Euros return) and you get dropped off 300 metres from the door. We arrived early and it was not a problem to leave our bags, which were in our room when we returned later. The room is wonderful and brand new - the shower, the best I have had! The mini bar in the room is reasonable priced too. The only thing missing is a kettle, which must be an English thing. My only warning is to take heed of the label on the windows not to open them due to mosquitos. I did this in the night without seeing the label and got bit 14 times in one night! I think the hotel is in the best location - quiet area but easy to get to. We walked everywhere, including to St Marks Square and back each day, which is a good trek, but you get to see everything.And yes, we got lost! We walked 45 minutes from the square and ended up only 5 minutes away from it! Thank goodness for GPS on my phone.

2  Thank Chris M

Dear Guest,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Beautiful new hotel, stylish, modern, clean. Easy to go to from airport. A little out of the way from the tourist spots, but that's a plus for me (venice is so small that it's easy to walk the whole thing anyway). Nice breakfast room.

Lumpy beds - not the best night's sleep.

Service fairly lackluster, ranging from fairly surly to just kind of meh. When we checked out I was surprised that our credit card already been charged (as I had brought cash to use to pay at checkout). I had to ask the grumpy and unsmiling lady at the front desk 3 times when we had been charged, before she sighed, rolled her eyes, and and reluctantly told us "when you checked in." I thought it was a fairly simple question! Similiarly when we called downstairs for some hot water for tea, we were told we had to come down to the bar to get it (and got charged for tea service btw). When we left our bags for the day, we asked the porter who took our bags for a ticket or something we could use to claim the bags back later. He didn't even reply, just walked away. These are really small, simple, solvable customer service issues that would bump this place up. There are SO many hotels in Venice, I'm surprised to see a new one not their customer service sorted out.

Dear Guest

On behalf of the team of the Carnival Palace Hotel we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay and would like to apologize for it. Our Guest's satisfaction is very important to us and your feedback helps us to improve our service.

Again, I would like to apologies and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you once again to the Carnival Palace!

Wishing you happy holidays