“Seeing Venice in one short day”

Walks Inside Italy-Private & Day Tours
Ranked #75 of 177 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Walks inside Italy is a tour company providing private and small group tours in Rome, Florence and Venice. For curious, discerning travelers.Priority entrance to all important museums and sites with professional insider guides.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited Venice for a weekend in November, and were so fortunate to spend a day with Roberta Curiel, especially because the next day was Venice's great flood so we saw nothing but water that day! In one short day we managed to see both spectacular art and get a picture of daily life in Venice as we walked through Roberta's neighborhoods and visited the best fish market I've ever seen. My daughter is an art history major and my husband is an artist, so it was particularly wonderful to have Roberta's art knowledge and ability to tailor the tour to their knowledge and interest. I would agree with another reviewer that she probably is the best tour guide of our trip though they were all good. We can't wait to return to Venice, and I would book a tour with Roberta again and do a whole group of different things next time.

There are newer reviews for Walks Inside Italy-Private & Day Tours

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I strongly recommend Roberta Curiel. She was extremely informative and amusing. She is a also a delightful person to spend time with on a tour. We were a group of 10 people and we all agreed she was easily the best tour guide of the trip. She probably is the best tour guide we've had in all of our travels. Thank you Roberta!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were a group of 4 adults who extended our cruise vacation by a day in order to take a tour with "Walks Inside Venice" and Roberta Curiel. We had the "Dorsoduro Discovery" tour, followed by the "Cicheti and Nizioleti" tour.

While the Cicheti tour was very good, the Dorsoduro Discovery tour was outstanding. Touring with Roberta is like touring with an old friend. She has tremendous knowledge of Venice and will change the flow of her tour based on what you show an interest in. Her relationships with friends and acquaintances in the city allowed us to gain spur-of-the-moment access to the shop of the gondola builder and the local sailing club. Roberta was very flexible, and put up with our desire to take a zillion pictures of her wonderful city.

Meeting Roberta was very simple, and she arrived at the meeting location precisely on time. There was a transit strike scheduled for the evening of our tour, and Roberta made sure we finished our tours with enough time to get to the train station and "get out of Dodge" to avoid being trapped overnight in the city.

Overall we were very pleased with our tour and would strongly recommend Roberta and "Walks Inside Venice" to anyone looking for a private tour with an exceptional guide.

Thank you, Roberta!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have used Walks Inside Venice both times I have been in Venice. I was just there Sept 20th, 2012. I had both Roberta and Fernando and both are excellent guides. Their knowledge of the history of Venice is fantastic. As well their flexibility about the tour is terrific. I guarantee you will not be disappointed with these guides.

The tours we did were the Beginners Tour of Venice as well as the Artisans. Both were fantastic but really enjoyed meeting the Artisans and discovering and seeing what they do. We met with a leather and book binder as well as a Marble carver. Highly recommend both. Both Roberta and Fernando we also great in recommending restaurants and things to do after our tour.

The cost for a three hour tour was $210.00 Euro's . A great introduction to a great city.

Lindsay Eaton

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Booking with Walks Inside Italy was easy and quick. We opted for the 4-hour land and water "Grand Tour." Roberta met us in St. Mark's Square and we were whisked away on a boat to Murano for a private tour of a glass factory. After that, we returned to Venice for the walking portion. Roberta was fun and knowledgable--she provided just the right amount of historical and cultural information for this fascinating city. As a true Venetian, she was able to provide a local perspective that was gleaned from a lifetime of living in Venice. I would highly recommend her and Walks Inside Italy for a private tour. It was money well spent.