Went there with my mother to show her Venice, and:
- no elevator. Very hard for a granny to climb to the top 3 times a day. Truly speaking they have elevator, but it is for luggage only. They will tell you you could use it to bring a person up or down, but it operating it is so weird - we decided to suffer climbing the stairs
- breakfast - very nice, but chairs and tables are very uncomfortable for the purpose of eating, and I think - for any purpose...
- internet - they sey it is in the room. It isnt. The router is mounted upside down, both antennas pointing the floor, which makes the range week. You will have to walk out and work in the corridor (room #307)
- room was very nice. The building is located directly by the canal, boating water. When coming from the airport, you will switch from regular taxi to water taxi. If in the evening - the views are impressive.
- very nice restaurants & food. Italy - no comments. They are very good in this.
- AC working fine
- TV - you will find hundreds of italian channels, but there is also CNN, BBC, RTL and one french i can't remember the logo.
- very nicely equiped bathroom, you will find toothpaste and brush, lots of different cosmetics, shaving kit.
Good for romantic weekend for a young couple.
Convinient location to visit the most famous places and go to the opera in Theatre De Fenice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored home of the 14th century, the Locanda De La Spada overlooks Venice's Grand Canal. The guest house is set on the top floor of Palazzo Contarin-Marin, in the picturesque Campo Santa Maria del Giglio square. The spacious rooms of the Locanda are elegantly furnished in silk, and feature an LCD TV with satellite channels and floors in Terrazzo Veneziano marble or parquet. Some rooms offer a balcony with full views of the canal. A sweet and savoury buffet is served daily for breakfast, and includes pastries. This historic building, with no lift, is just behind the Fenice Theatre, and 400 metres from Saint Mark's Square. A gondola pier and the Santa Maria del Giglio stop of water-bus line 1 are right outside the main door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Locanda de La Spada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.