“Keep walking”

Ai Coghi
Ranked #1,180 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: San Polo
Champaign
“Keep walking”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family of six ended up here on New Years Eve and regretted it. I knew that New Years Eve would be difficult to find a good restaurant at a decent price with some of them closed and most restaurants only offering a prix fixe menu. We walked around a bit in the Rialto area and chose this one since no one was begging us to dine here and the menu looked decent. It started off badly when the host sat us by the coat rack. It got worse when the waiter said there was no house wine and the basket of bread was filled with dry rolls. As the restaurant filled up with people our waiter disappeared. He only showed up periodically to hang up other customers coats over two of my kids' heads. The pasta dishes were obviously reheated and were very small portions. We quickly finished and left.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank army_arch

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Altos, CA
“Go Elsewhere”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Looked nice; nice location. We came back through for dinner. Didn't start well; I was traveling with a friend who spoke Italian. We were served rolls; dry as can be. My friend mentioned to the waiter that the rolls where older than her; went down hill from there. Very, very, very slow service (even for Italy). My appetizer was dry around the edges (and I know what it should have tasted like as I had the same appetizer in Positano -- that was molto bene!). And the Owner kept walking by while our plates sat there (as no one removed them) and we waited to be served our 2nd course. I would HIGHLY recommend a nice cafe on the grand canal right near the Rialto Bridge. With San Marco Piazza behind you (way behind you) as you cross the Rialto Bridge (heading toward the train station) take the first right (Fondamenta Vin Castello) and follow it to the Grand Canal. As you see the water, there are tables and chairs on your left (basically the corner of Fondamenta Vin Castello and Fondamenta Riva Olio). It is the first cafe (of 3) along the waterfront; enjoy cocktails/drinks and food and watch the entertainment on the Grand Canal. This was Jul 31 to Aug 2 2012. The next cafe down is OK--not as good as the first. We both regretted our stopping at Al Coghi and wished we had gone back to the cafe on the Grand Canal.

• Visited August 2012