WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Cash Only, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Sydney, Australia
“Yes, it's that good!! Must-do.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The gelato here is superb and I'm only sorry we just discovered it on our last night here. I had the amaretto cherry and vanilla flavours and I'm difficult to impress with gelato but this was one of the best I've EVER had! Need I say more? Excellent value too.

We walked from san marco area but It wasn't too difficult to find although I used a map. Look it up before you go on the map so you don't miss it. We've retired for the night but I seriously feel like going back there now for more gelato. Enjoy!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Sensational...should remain a secret but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

When gelato is that good and inexpensive in Venice, you need to share it with the TA community, especially when we have benefitted from the feedback of others. Although I had bookmarked La Mela Verde as a place for gelato, little dud I realise we would stumble upon it when we did. Do try it for yourself - cup or cone, the price is the same and service is friendly and welcoming. The tiramisu and amarena cherry flavours were outstanding - we're going back tonight for dessert!

1 Thank Regina G
“In a town with a lot of options, this is a must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Lemon mint basil gelato. Let that sink in. A crepe coated on the inside with Nutella, rolled into a cone and filled with your favorite flavors. This place was so good we had to stop twice!

1 Thank tnm_vac8
Cheshire
“Down a little back street but peaceful location to enjoy your gelato!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Managed to find this after seeing it on here, didn't want to leave without having a gelato. We opted for 2 scoops each and it was lovely. Nice that you can sit out by the canal and enjoy a peaceful bit of venice while you enjoy your ice cream.

1 Thank Benno5
Scotland
“The best ice cream I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

... and I've had a loooooot of ice cream.

The Giotto is almost literally to die for. The hazelnut is extraordinary. They do a crepe thing that is indecently tasty. Just great.

Visited May 2013