“Yes, it's that good!! Must-do.”
Review of La Mela Verde

La Mela Verde
Ranked #9 of 85 Dessert in Venice
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Sydney, Australia
“Yes, it's that good!! Must-do.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The gelato here is superb and I'm only sorry we just discovered it on our last night here. I had the amaretto cherry and vanilla flavours and I'm difficult to impress with gelato but this was one of the best I've EVER had! Need I say more? Excellent value too.

We walked from san marco area but It wasn't too difficult to find although I used a map. Look it up before you go on the map so you don't miss it. We've retired for the night but I seriously feel like going back there now for more gelato. Enjoy!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“In a town with a lot of options, this is a must do!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Lemon mint basil gelato. Let that sink in. A crepe coated on the inside with Nutella, rolled into a cone and filled with your favorite flavors. This place was so good we had to stop twice!

1 Thank tnm_vac8
Cheshire
“Down a little back street but peaceful location to enjoy your gelato!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Managed to find this after seeing it on here, didn't want to leave without having a gelato. We opted for 2 scoops each and it was lovely. Nice that you can sit out by the canal and enjoy a peaceful bit of venice while you enjoy your ice cream.

1 Thank Benno5
Scotland
“The best ice cream I've ever had”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

... and I've had a loooooot of ice cream.

The Giotto is almost literally to die for. The hazelnut is extraordinary. They do a crepe thing that is indecently tasty. Just great.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gordon35
Rome, Italy
“Nice way to round out a night in Venice.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We found La Mela Verde on Trip Advisor and promised our little boys we'd stop there after dinner. The service was very friendly, and the gelati my kids ordered were excellent. My children were happy -- this gelateria has outdoor seating along one of the little canals that is in a clean walking area. We'll stop here again the next time we're in Venice.

Visited May 2013