“Down a little back street but peaceful location to enjoy your gelato!”
Review of La Mela Verde

La Mela Verde
Ranked #6 of 89 Dessert in Venice
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Managed to find this after seeing it on here, didn't want to leave without having a gelato. We opted for 2 scoops each and it was lovely. Nice that you can sit out by the canal and enjoy a peaceful bit of venice while you enjoy your ice cream.

1  Thank Benno5

Reviewed June 5, 2013

... and I've had a loooooot of ice cream.

The Giotto is almost literally to die for. The hazelnut is extraordinary. They do a crepe thing that is indecently tasty. Just great.

1  Thank Gordon35
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We found La Mela Verde on Trip Advisor and promised our little boys we'd stop there after dinner. The service was very friendly, and the gelati my kids ordered were excellent. My children were happy -- this gelateria has outdoor seating along one of the little canals that is in a clean walking area. We'll stop here again the next time we're in Venice.

1  Thank bui501
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had been systematically trying every type of gelato throughout my travels in Italy. I can't even comprehend the quantity of gelato I consumer on my last trip. I happened to be staying at a bed and breakfast immediately next to it, I had a craving for gelato and it was literally at my doorstep. This was undoubtedly one of the best gelato places I have been to in my life. The gelato was absolutely delicious and well priced. I had a look on tripadvisor to see how this place fared in comparison to others in Venice, I was not surprised in the least to discover it was the top ranked in the city. I could not advise the gelato here more highly if I tried.

1  Thank Nikkay91
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just on the strength of the reviews that this little ice cream shop was getting on TripAdvisor we took a detour one afternoon to get there and I was rewarded with friendly staff (despite there being a queue for ice cream) and extremely tasty ice cream for a lot less money than I expected.

We ordered a vanilla with dark chocolate shavings mixed into it, and a pistachio, and a strawberry. I'd say for me, the strawberry with its much stronger flavours was the winner by far, the other two were a bit bland, but it was very good quality.

From what I hear, €4.50 for 3 ice creams is actually not a bad price compared with other places.

1  Thank Julie W