“Delicious Gelato & Good Location” 5 of 5 stars

La Mela Verde
Ranked #4 of 69 Dessert in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Cash Only, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious Gelato & Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had been systematically trying every type of gelato throughout my travels in Italy. I can't even comprehend the quantity of gelato I consumer on my last trip. I happened to be staying at a bed and breakfast immediately next to it, I had a craving for gelato and it was literally at my doorstep. This was undoubtedly one of the best gelato places I have been to in my life. The gelato was absolutely delicious and well priced. I had a look on tripadvisor to see how this place fared in comparison to others in Venice, I was not surprised in the least to discover it was the top ranked in the city. I could not advise the gelato here more highly if I tried.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
UK
“Fabulous ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just on the strength of the reviews that this little ice cream shop was getting on TripAdvisor we took a detour one afternoon to get there and I was rewarded with friendly staff (despite there being a queue for ice cream) and extremely tasty ice cream for a lot less money than I expected.

We ordered a vanilla with dark chocolate shavings mixed into it, and a pistachio, and a strawberry. I'd say for me, the strawberry with its much stronger flavours was the winner by far, the other two were a bit bland, but it was very good quality.

From what I hear, €4.50 for 3 ice creams is actually not a bad price compared with other places.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Julie W
Winchfield, United Kingdom
“Really delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Looking for restaurants local to our hotel, I discovered this Ice Cream bar was the ranked third of the restaurants in Venice. Being a couple of doors down from our hotel we couldn’t resist!

The gelato is excellent – really flavourful and creamy – it just might mean that you can no longer buy it from anywhere else!

Good to know that they don’t take cards (but is definitely worth a trip to an ATM!)

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ice cream, price is fine too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great ice cream, price is fine too. Patient while we picked the flavors we wanted. Well worth waiting in the queue.

Surrey, Canada
“So delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is one of the best places to get gelato. In our trip to Italy, my husband and I tried every uand when we went to La Mela Verde, we were adventurous in the flavours we picked. No matter what you get, it is incredibly delicious. I highly recommend going there more than once - you get different selections each day.

We went here based on a tripadvisor review and we did have some trouble finding it. The address is correct but the name of the place is different (I don't recall it). Just know that this is the only gelato place on the street so you can't go wrong finding it.

• Visited May 2013