New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Cash Only, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Culver City, California
“Surprisingly sweet surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

After a gondola ride in a side canal we stepped off and our first site was of the gelateria. We posed several questions since lactose intolerance is a huge factor in our lives. The lovely owner went into details about what goes into his product and was able to reassure us of the ingredients. All this before the first taste - and what a wonderful taste it was. La Mela A Verde was a stand out of gelaterias in the two weeks we spent in Italy and will return when we go back to Venice. So fresh, so delicious. A wonderful interlude after the lazy trip down the canal.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank TheEcoMom

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Woking, United Kingdom
“yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Just walking past this place on our way back to the hotel, and the smell of fresh crepes was so amazing we decided to try.
And what a treat, we loved it. Now I cant wait to go and try the gelatto later on today.

1 Thank Ceders76
Gold Coast
“Still salivating...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went out of our way to find La Mela Verde and my sister and I were both glad we made the effort. Everyone has their own definition of what tastes great so for those of you who thought it was overrated perhaps it was for your taste. We however adored the gelato. I'm not a huge fan of ice-cream/gelato normally so I wasn't expecting it to be anything I'd rave about. I agree with pesti13 that NZ gelato is wonderful but I disagree that this isn't as good. I personally think it is better. My sister, I think, thought I was a being a bit ridiculous going out of my way to find it (based on the reviews) however, after eating a gelato there she was worried she wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of eating another if we walked back into the shop. I would go back there in a heart beat if I was in Venice again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Krislekat
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Agree with a previous reviewer that this place has been overrated - we've had better gelato in New Zealand with greater selection as well. But it's gelato, it's all pretty darn good. One thing going for this place is that it does offer some delicious "gelato sandwiches" and "paninis" and gelato-filled crepes. Overall no complaints at all and we enjoyed the gelato, but nothing special so don't go out of your way to get to this place if you're seeking the best gelato in Italy!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pesti13
Davide V, Proprietario at La Mela Verde, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear customer,

thank you for been at la mela verde.
Sorry but I don't understand how can u speak about the avarage quality of our gelato when lots of important guide, site, and journal speak about our top quality gelato using 100%natural ingredients !!!
I just wanna let you remember that every day we make our GELATO with only the highest quality ingredients, from the fresh cream made on site to the finest product found in italy as IGP certified hazelnuts from PIEMONTE (local italian region) pure pistachios from Sicily and the best vanilla Bourbon.
We also use a superior cocoa blend for the richest dark chocolate gelato possible.

I can suggest you next time to take some time for asking about what are you going to eat, we'll be proud to explaning you what we produce, and maybe let you understand the meaning of the word QUALITY !

thanks anyway for your opinion, we work every day to find the best for all our customers

cheers
Davide and LA MELA VERDE.
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent gelateria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Excellent ice cream for a (very) reasonable price: cornetto with two flavours for only € 2,5! What are you waiting for?

2 Thank Erik_Tervuren