“yummy”

Ranked #15 of 93 Dessert in Venice
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just walking past this place on our way back to the hotel, and the smell of fresh crepes was so amazing we decided to try.
And what a treat, we loved it. Now I cant wait to go and try the gelatto later on today.

1  Thank Ceders76

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went out of our way to find La Mela Verde and my sister and I were both glad we made the effort. Everyone has their own definition of what tastes great so for those of you who thought it was overrated perhaps it was for your taste. We however adored the gelato. I'm not a huge fan of ice-cream/gelato normally so I wasn't expecting it to be anything I'd rave about. I agree with pesti13 that NZ gelato is wonderful but I disagree that this isn't as good. I personally think it is better. My sister, I think, thought I was a being a bit ridiculous going out of my way to find it (based on the reviews) however, after eating a gelato there she was worried she wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of eating another if we walked back into the shop. I would go back there in a heart beat if I was in Venice again.

2  Thank Kristina R
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Agree with a previous reviewer that this place has been overrated - we've had better gelato in New Zealand with greater selection as well. But it's gelato, it's all pretty darn good. One thing going for this place is that it does offer some delicious "gelato sandwiches" and "paninis" and gelato-filled crepes. Overall no complaints at all and we enjoyed the gelato, but nothing special so don't go out of your way to get to this place if you're seeking the best gelato in Italy!

1  Thank pesti13
Davide V, Proprietario at La Mela Verde, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear customer,

thank you for been at la mela verde.
Sorry but I don't understand how can u speak about the avarage quality of our gelato when lots of important guide, site, and journal speak about our top quality gelato using 100%natural ingredients !!!
I just wanna let you remember that every day we make our GELATO with only the highest quality ingredients, from the fresh cream made on site to the finest product found in italy as IGP certified hazelnuts from PIEMONTE (local italian region) pure pistachios from Sicily and the best vanilla Bourbon.
We also use a superior cocoa blend for the richest dark chocolate gelato possible.

I can suggest you next time to take some time for asking about what are you going to eat, we'll be proud to explaning you what we produce, and maybe let you understand the meaning of the word QUALITY !

thanks anyway for your opinion, we work every day to find the best for all our customers

cheers
Davide and LA MELA VERDE.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Excellent ice cream for a (very) reasonable price: cornetto with two flavours for only € 2,5! What are you waiting for?

2  Thank Erik_Tervuren
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I found my way to this place after reading comments on tripadvisor. I will say this place has been over rated. Products are very average and you can definitely find better places. Nothing special and lacks some basic ingredients.
Will not go there again.

1  Thank Ali B

Dear customer,

I don't understand how can u speak about a very avarege gelato when this is our philosofy
and lots of guide website and journals around the world understand it !!!

Gelato made fresh daily - taste the essence of a unique product, rich in history and flavor.

We offer a classic cream base with 100% certified natural ingredients, leaving out hydrogenated fats so all that remains is the taste of carefully chosen raw materials of superior quality.

We use fresh whole Italian milk delivered each morning to our laboratory, paired with ripe seasonal fruit for excellent aromas and flavor. Summer offers William pears, Granny Smith green apples, Candonga spring strawberries, and saturn white peaches in the summer. Pure Sicilian pistachios dance together to form a creamy goodness unmatched in most common ice creameries. Lightly toasted hazelnuts IGP-certified from Piedmont in northern Italy offer a delicate but decadent flavor. Don't miss out on the newest flavor experiments and unmatched craftsmanship of your friends at LA MELA VERDE!

La Mela Verde Gelato - A Tradition of High Quality Since 2009

cheers
Davide and LA MELA VERDE.