“Tour with Nadia Danesin”

Friend in Venice Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Life is a journey, travelling is living twice.” – Omar Khayyam – (Persian poet of XII century)I am a tour leader. I visited many countries… not to find myself, tot o learn how to live. And from you, and all of those I met during my journeys I learned something.This is the reason why I love my job. For me it represents an opportunity to meet men and women from different places and with different cultures.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I would absolutely recommend taking a tour with Nadia. Not only does she know Venice, its history, its art, its people, its culture, but is also one of the most enthusiastic and passionate people you will ever meet. Nadia is extremely proud of being a Venetian and we loved the stories she told us about everyday life in Venice which gave us a new insight into a city we love. Nadia took us the places that are out of the normal tourist areas, we were even given pastries straight from the oven from a local baker, which was a real treat.

All reviews
"venice tour"
in 18 reviews
"normal tourist"
in 7 reviews
"islands of murano and burano"
"true venetian"
in 11 reviews
"first morning"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Our private tour guide, Giorgia Stainer, was incredible! She picked up my daughter and me at our hotel and for the next three hours entertained and informed us as we walked through the cobblestone streets of Dorsoduro and San Paulo districts, as she shared tales of intrigue among the Venice aristocracy. We drifted along the Grand Canal and smaller canals in an elegant boat as she pointed out the famous places and palaces and churches and museums.

Giorgia is personable and lively and passionate about her extraordinary city and very knowledgeable about it’s history, buildings, art, religion, government and culture. When we asked about some obscure building or history she answered all of our questions. She has a command of dates, facts, names, places and the English language that informed and surprised us with her breadth of knowledge.

Thanks to Giorgia we fell in love with this amazing city. Warm regards, Sharonrose and Kaitlyn

3  Thank Sharonroselaw
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Nadia took us on a great tour city (2 hr walking +1 hr boat ride)and exposed us to the parts of the city we would've missed otherwise. Even though we have three adult kids (22, 21, 18), the children's book she brought was incredibly engaging and informational, providing context for what we saw during our time. Her recommendations were great, including Nikko's Gelato! On our boat ride, she taught us about the different industries, but also allowed us to just sit and enjoy the view and breeze, taking pictures of our family. After hearing us mention that we wanted to go to the bookstore in the canals, she was able to have us end our boat ride there, saving us the long walk. Nadia is an incredibly personable tour guide and clearly loves her city and sharing it with all. If you want to feel the true spirit of this city, go on a tour with Nadia at Friends of Venice!

1  Thank pdxgal221
Reviewed August 26, 2018

We recently visited Venice for two days with our Norwegian cruise ship. I lined up two days of private tours with Nadia for our time there. We could not have been more pleased with our experience. Nadia is personable, accommodating, and so much fun to spend vacation days with , learning about her city. Her passion and love of Venice is obvious very quickly, and she takes youth off the beaten path places while you meander through the city. She even treated us to the best gelato we have ever had in Italy! On our second day, she lined up a private boat to take our family to Murano and Burano. We ate the best lunch of our life at a local restaurant on Burano. After the tours of the islands, we returned to the city and took a Gondola ride, followed by complimentary glass of Prosecco that we toasted with in a lovely sitting room in a historic venue. As the perfect end to our day, our son proposed to his girlfriend, and we toasted to their engagement with Nadia's champagne! It could not have been a nicer end to our two great days in Venice. If you plan to visit Venice, please contact Nadia and she will line up fabulous tours to suit your needs and wishes. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank monktonmom