“Difficult Place To Locate”

Locanda Casa Martini
Ranked #153 of 476 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night & 2 days on 26th & 27th Aug 2013. The room was in 3rd flr very steep claim. Staffing is poor - no one to help you to move the luggage. As observed by some other Guest it is by far the worst (out of 4 places). The only comforting factor is the person at Reception Desk (& that seems to be the only employee) was bit friendly.

Worst part is there is no attender / staff - including reception after 5 pm. They claim that hotel is secured with CCT - which is of no use / help for guests. We share the security concerns expressed by other Guests. One wonder how such place is listed in International Tourist Map !

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've stayed here twice. The first time made us want to come back. The second - made us vow never to return. The idea is very nice: an updated old Venetian building in a back alley, creatively converted into a boutique hotel with artsy decor. The place is a little hard to find as it is nestled deep (almost hidden) in a canareggio alleyway, although it is ideal for anyone who wants to explore the ghetto; but the service is cold to the point of indifferent. Most of the time there is no staff around and you must communicate by phone. We were willing to overlook the faults first time, because the price was so reasonable, and the location suited us. The second time, two years later proved a pattern. And no - we're not coming back, just because the interior designer is talented...

Room Tip: Pay for the better room - its worth the difference.
1  Thank Elli291160
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in late July while on a tour of Italy. During this holiday we stayed at 7 places and this was by far the worst one.
Firstly finding the hotel took quite some effort, as it is located down a small side alley and is not sign-posted at all, not a problem as such, just a bit inconvenient.
Secondly what is with the door?! We pressed the intercom, a quiet ciao emits, and then the door clicks and begins to open extremely slowly. We peered in to see this dark, empty staircase that was like some horror movie. But again not a problem just... interesting.
Our room was maintained but didn't feel clean. Stains on the walls and floor, sticky carpets, dusty aircon which barely worked. My girlfriend felt unclean even in the bed. The towels smelt of solvent and felt sticky also! The bathroom however was clean.
Security was a bit of an issue as you have to leave your room key in the main lobby which kind of defeats the whole point of locking your room in the first place. Any random person could take the key and go into your room which was definitely not comforting.
Finally it was extremely expensive, by far the most we paid during our trip, and honestly not worth it.

Now before you're completely scared off, the location was outstanding. Right in the heart of Venice, a walking distance from pretty much every point of interest. So if you need a place to stay in Venice and can't find anywhere else, then this hotel is bearable, just look at it as a very expensive place to put your stuff in (with questionable security) and somewhere to sleep.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter has visited this hotel 2 years ago, as she liked it very much, we planed to go there together this year. Because of my business trip, I did not visited it, I sent my family without me. They had a nice time there, but after leaving hotel, my daughter noticed she forgot her smartphone Samsung in the hotel room. I called to the hotel and they returned us our phone, they even did not want to pay post fee. I feel very grateful and next time when I will visit Venice I plan to stay there. Not only hotel is beautiful, but also their staff are so nice!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Daniela Z
Reviewed August 6, 2013

"Even though it is advertised on their site as if you get it for free"
Checkin time 2pm (local time)
Checkout time 10am (local time)
If you staying a night only like I did wont work.
NO Internet (must pay for it, and it's not in the room)
NO breakfast (must pay for it)
WORST part- The receptionist does not stay in the hotel 24hours so any questions help and concerns you have you must get them done before 7pm (local time)
When leaving the hotel you must leave your key with the receptionist which he leaves the keys on a table. So anyone who enters the hotel can take your key which is simply placed on a table and enter your room and do whatever they please. The receptionist left a note for a guest who was going to arrive letter "Mrs and Ms. Here is your room key enjoy your staying" exactly like that. I took of picture of it and wish I could upload it here. I'm giving one star for this hotel because the room was spacious (even though I do not care about that. Specially staying one night only) and because location wise it was good. 2 stop always from the airport. Overall DO NOT DO this hotel honestly. Sincerely.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Theboydiddy
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bad reception does not stay open on weekends. Door is ancient - takes a whole minute to open and close and the place has an eerie feel to it. It is okay if you are traveling in and out of Venice on weekdays. Interiors are much better than the outside. Place appears desserted and there is no one in the kitchen or reception to supervise breakfast. Watch out if you are taking flights in and out of Venice on weekends. Otherwise it is not too bad. Rooms are ok.

1  Thank amitram
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

So location
- was great easy walk from the station with luggage and this area is not over priced like places near the Rialto bridge this goes for food & drink as well we had some great meals just around our hotel. It's about a 15- 20 minute walk to the main sites but we chose this site because of this as we wanted to have a less touristy experience and it was worth it. It's also very close to Gondalas ferries and water taxis.

Room- decorated great comfy bed , wifi , TV and nice bathroom as well. We were on the first floor so did not have two many steps. I thought out fridge did not work then I was told it was not a fridge it keeps things at room tempertaure and was shown a Fridge I could actually keep things cool in.

They also have a little courtyard which Is decent to relax in,
Breakfast was like any other italian breakfast salami , youghurts etc.

Staff we also very friendly and helpful.

I would not hesitate to stay here again I don't know why some people have a such poor review I thought it was great but I also researched the area I was staying in and wanted to stay in this suburb I think people forgot that most places in Europe are slightly smaller there's going to be steps in older places ( don't pack a suitcase you can't carry anyway)
And italian breakfast is not a typical English or American breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013