“Don't go to Casa Martini!”

Locanda Casa Martini
Ranked #147 of 457 Venice B&B and Inns
Jerusalem, Israel
“Don't go to Casa Martini!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at Casa Martini for two nights. the only thing that was good about this hotel is its location - at the center of venice. All the other parameters in Casa Martini were just disgrace:
no seriveses from 20:00 to 7:00 !
no mini-bar.
the refrigerator didn't work.
the air-condition failed to function.
very small rooms.
very high prices.
terrible attitude of the crew.

probably the worst hotel I've ever been in my life. Do yourself a favor and choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yoavivit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had a terrible experience at this hotel and I would like to warn other visitors to ensure they do not have to go through the same ordeal

Clean : POOR
Comfort: POOR
Location: AVERAGE
Services: POOR
Staff: POOR
Value for money: EXTREMELY POOR!

Pluses: Location, proximity

Minuses: Decrepit, very old house, Really unfriendly, unmotivated staff,
a pile of junk was left in the corridor!!!!
The room was just next to the lobby and really noisy, the breakfast was simply awful, especially for Italian standards Worst of all was the value for money.. I really do not understand why this hotel is so expensive for such a poor quality! They call themselves luxury hotel but this place is seriously a joke

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Giuseppe B

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from the 3 - 5 May. It was my first time in Venice so was really excited to sample all the city had to offer. It's in a good location, not too far from Marco Polo airport (about half an hour) and from the other touristy areas (Rialto and San Marco square) about 20mins to half an hour walking. That's the best way to see the city.

The hotel was average (not worth the money I paid) but it was cleaned, the bed made and fresh towels provided daily. We did not eat there as I think it's ridiculous that they charge you 10 euros for breakfast when you can pick up something cheaper at one of the many cafes/restaurants.

Also some of the staff don't speak English that well so communicating with them was difficult. It's a hotel that is frequented by a lot of international tourists who speak english so I don't understand why some of the staffs english is not up to scratch.

The one big gripe I have with the hotel is that my presecription glasses were stolen from my room on the thursday we were there. I had put in my contact lenses that morning and left my glasses in the case on the bedside table before leaving for a day of sightseeing.

I did not notice they were missing till later that evening. The next day I searched the room and our suitcases before I went to speak to someone at the reception. The young man on the reception was of no use whatsoever, he even went as far as to accuse me of leaving my glasses somewhere in Venice. Why would I take my my glasses with me when I was wearing contact lenses?! A fact I made him aware of.

The only solution he could provide was that they would have the cleaner search the room - something I had already done so this futile search was pointless. Luckily I had locked away all valuables in my suitcase.

There was nothing special about these glasses, bog standard frames from Specsavers but the lenses were pricey!! I find it preplexing that the cleaner would go to the extent of stealing my glasses but he did.

So a word of warning folks please be careful with your valuables, no matter how small/insignificant you think they are.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed in room 14 for 2 nights. It was a big, clean room with an en-suite bathroom. Great shower & very clean. The only annoyance was that whilst we requested a double room, this room just had two single beds bolted together so someone always had to sleep on the join = not comfortable! The location was great & we spent all day every day walking around the city. We didn't have breakfast here as we were out and about early, so can't comment on the food here.

Room Tip: Ask for a proper double bed if you don't want to just have two singles pushed together.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Graz
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Never rent number 25. Venetian style! very old room. ugly carpeted floor. The receptionist does not know whats good behaviour. We did a complaint and they answered with a impertinent upgrade demand. The coffee bar near is a fine one. The Trattoria Pallazzina beside the bridge is not worth. Only the risotto from the pirate-like-looking cook is a superb one.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Milano
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Been there for business.
I slept on a couch, no frigobar, widows on ground floor on the street.
Noisy and creepy

don't come
ever

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This place is wonderful. Made with taste, in Venezian style. If You see this place inside You will feel the atmosphere of the town immediatly! It is only 10 minutes from S.Andrea Parking, very close (100m) from the Grand Canal, restaurants are downstairs. Bathrooms are very clean, air conditioner working nice and quiet. Breakfast in European style, not to big but You will be satisfied. VERY KIND STUFF!!! , You can call them any time, they are always helpful and kind. I left in that hotel my Ipad charger, and they send it back to me without any questons:).
WONDERFULL STAY!