Zecchini Hotel
Spagna Hotel(Venice)
Hotel Spagna(Venice)
Bellini(Venice)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We chose this hotel do to its closeness to the Train and Bus locations. And, after two prior visits to Venice, I knew I did not want to "drag" my suitcase up bridges and cobblestone streets, especially in the evening. We picked the hotel based on location and reviews. We were arriving by bus and it was a short walk to the hotel. The reception area is a melange of artificial flowers and reminded me of a "yard sale" At first we were a little concerned, then they told us the hotel was "filled" and we were in the sister hotel two doors down. Ok, we followed the hostess to the hotel, secure outside door, up the steps and the hotel had been recently renovated and was amazing. We had a large room overlooking the street. Great bathroom with "rain" showers. And, it was very clean. A pleasant surprise. Breakfast was included with individually prepared eggs, meats, breads, beverages. We were only here for one night and they held our bags for the day. A short walk to the Vaporetta stop, small stores, little markets and internet across the street. It was a good choice, a little expensive, but it's Venice. Two late 50's ladies, would definitely stay here again. Great Location!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed November 5, 2009

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We only stayed one night at this hotel. The location was very close to the train station (5 minutes maybe less). There was no lift in the hotel which was kind of a pain. Check in was smooth and the guy at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

Our room was TINY....not a lot of room to even put our suitcases on the floor, but we sort of expected that. The bathroom was very small as well. Our window overlooked the Lista de Spagna street.

The room was very quiet at night even though we overlooked such a busy street.

The breakfast was very good. Eggs, baked goods etc. I felt bad for the one server who was serving all the tables with a line up of people waiting. Get there early for breakfast! Otherwise expect to wait!

We might stay there again. The only problem is it isn't that close to the main centre of Venice and it is really easy to get lost in Venice, so it took us even longer. Although, the best thing to do is just wander the streets and take in the sights and sounds.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I am from Hong Kong and I have booked for a night in Venice. I have to carry two baggage and my little son with my wife and I chose this hotel because its location is close to station. The price is reasonable (99euros). I compared the hotels (close to station) in Venice and there are many more expensive hotels. However, I met an old man in reception when I arrived. My feeling was bad. He seemed to be not polite to me. It's not the time for me to check-in. I left my baggage and have a lunch near-by. When we return for check-in, another lady was in reception. She didn't speak too much when we checked in and didn't tell me the time and place for the breakfast. I asked her and thus knew the breakfast started on 0800am. It is not good for me as I have to got to train before 0843am so I did have a breakfast within a short time. There is not enough place for breakfast as well (Maximum of 12 at the same time). I dont think this hotel can be recommended only if they can change their service.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

You could roll yourself from Santa Maria Train station to this 'hotel' - barely 200m and you're there. Small reception. No lift. Extremely tight stairs to go up. Narrow corridors, prison-cell room with very santized scent in room and bed linen. I could not work out whether the room was really carrying a disinfectant smell or whether it reeked of cockroaches.

TV was old....but least it worked. Breakfast room was a shoebox. Had no space to accommodate everyone. I didn't want to wait, so I went out and had brekkie instead.

PLUS points: location is unrivaled. Close to the water taxi. Food is everywhere. Love Venice. I would choose another hotel the next time though.

NEGATIVE: the reception person needs to have abit more life in him!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple