“Close to train station and good breakfast!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zecchini Hotel

Zecchini Hotel
Ranked #325 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Vancouver
“Close to train station and good breakfast!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

We only stayed one night at this hotel. The location was very close to the train station (5 minutes maybe less). There was no lift in the hotel which was kind of a pain. Check in was smooth and the guy at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

Our room was TINY....not a lot of room to even put our suitcases on the floor, but we sort of expected that. The bathroom was very small as well. Our window overlooked the Lista de Spagna street.

The room was very quiet at night even though we overlooked such a busy street.

The breakfast was very good. Eggs, baked goods etc. I felt bad for the one server who was serving all the tables with a line up of people waiting. Get there early for breakfast! Otherwise expect to wait!

We might stay there again. The only problem is it isn't that close to the main centre of Venice and it is really easy to get lost in Venice, so it took us even longer. Although, the best thing to do is just wander the streets and take in the sights and sounds.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

I am from Hong Kong and I have booked for a night in Venice. I have to carry two baggage and my little son with my wife and I chose this hotel because its location is close to station. The price is reasonable (99euros). I compared the hotels (close to station) in Venice and there are many more expensive hotels. However, I met an old man in reception when I arrived. My feeling was bad. He seemed to be not polite to me. It's not the time for me to check-in. I left my baggage and have a lunch near-by. When we return for check-in, another lady was in reception. She didn't speak too much when we checked in and didn't tell me the time and place for the breakfast. I asked her and thus knew the breakfast started on 0800am. It is not good for me as I have to got to train before 0843am so I did have a breakfast within a short time. There is not enough place for breakfast as well (Maximum of 12 at the same time). I dont think this hotel can be recommended only if they can change their service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

kewpielovesyou
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

You could roll yourself from Santa Maria Train station to this 'hotel' - barely 200m and you're there. Small reception. No lift. Extremely tight stairs to go up. Narrow corridors, prison-cell room with very santized scent in room and bed linen. I could not work out whether the room was really carrying a disinfectant smell or whether it reeked of cockroaches.

TV was old....but least it worked. Breakfast room was a shoebox. Had no space to accommodate everyone. I didn't want to wait, so I went out and had brekkie instead.

PLUS points: location is unrivaled. Close to the water taxi. Food is everywhere. Love Venice. I would choose another hotel the next time though.

NEGATIVE: the reception person needs to have abit more life in him!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Northern Mexico, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

It was my first time in Europe, we went for our honeymoon. If you are not too "picky" this is a great hotel. We like a clean room that is the most important thing other than spacious or luxurious. This hotel is a few steps from train station. If you like to sightsee this is the perfect location because it is located at the beginning of the Venice alleys. The hotel rooms are reasonable although very european style (small) although the bathroom was big. The cafeteria was very small but reasonable for the price. Watch out with the suitcases because there is no elevator!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin - USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

We recently spent 3 days at Zecchini Hotel. Except for the location, I have
nothing good to write. To say it is noisy is an understatement. We had a room
with a window on Lista di Spagna, the street noise was constant. Noise from other rooms and the hall was also significant. We did not get breakfast any of the three days.
The first day we were yelled at (in Italian) for being 2 minutes late. The other days we were on time unfortunately the room was full. Who wants to wait in line for a cup of coffee? Ridiculous. I even asked if we could go to their other hotel for breakfast - no luck they were also full. The room and bathroom were extremely small even compared to the rest of Italy. Claustrophobic. For $180 a night I definitely expected more. Keep looking there are many more hotels in Venice.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2008

I chose the hotel through finding a great deal at Hotelclub, and also some friends had stayed there in Sept. The deal was 66 euros a night, I had previously stayed at the Minerva Hotel 1 block away for 70 euro but there was no ensuite bathroom and no breakfast. so I could not believe the offer for the Zecchini, thought it may be too good to be true !

But I was pleasantly surprised, it was a nice reception with lovely marble staircase, no elevator but each floor had a comfy settee, in case a rest was needed. My room on the 3rd floor was small but not too bad, spotlessly clean with a nice size bathroom with shower cubicle, again spotless. On first sight I thought the window just faced a blank wall, which it did but on looking down there was a lovely quaint little calle. The only problem was the room was a little on the dark side.

The breakfast room was cute, but only about six tables, I did have to wait for a free table. there was the usual selection of cereals, juices, croissants etc, also hard boiled eggs or scrambled. The breakfast certainly filled a gap and I have had worse. the coffee was excellent.

I also choose the hotel as it was on the Lista di Spagna, very close to the Train Station and Piazalle Roma for the bus stop, only about a 10 min walk, which is important with luggage.

I very much enjoyed my stay here, the staff were lovley and helpful, and I was given a take-away breakfast as I had an early morning bus to catch. highly recommended and I would stay here again at such a great rate.

• Liked — value and cleanliness
  • Disliked — room a little dark
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank jessybobs
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008

The hotel has a good location being just a very short walk from the Bus / train station. The check-in area was good, and we received a fairly nice welcome by the staff. The room was very average and was in serious need of re-decoration. TV was crap and barely worked, CNN as the only english channel, shower was good.

Think the bed had bugs as I am still itching. The included breakfast is nothing great though I guess its better than nothing. Overall I wouldn't stay here again, however accomodation in Venice is very expensive and it seems difficult to find a bargain here so never say never!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The bed bugs that bit me!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)