“Good Location”
Review of Tivoli Hotel

Tivoli Hotel
Ranked #181 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here during Carnevale and the location was wonderful. It was close enough to the vaporetto but far enough from tourist central. We walked everywhere we wanted to go and it never seemed too far. The breakfast was adequate, especially for Italian breakfasts, and the room was decently sized. The desk staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We would stay here again upon a return visit to Venice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This was out second stay here and we were not so impressed by our room this time. We had to ask for a light bulb and change it ourselves and for tv remote. Our room was across the courtyard and smelt of damp. Breakfast ok but location was brilliant.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TrishH248
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat. I'm not familiar with what the rates would be in the summer, but they seemed to be reasonable for me and the two others I was travelling with. Our room was a little triple on the third floor, and one of the most unique and lovely layouts. It had a little balcony overlooking an alley. Only complaints were that the wifi was spotty at times, the water took a long while to heat up (about 20 minutes) and the lighting was a little dark. The room itself was lovely, and left me with the impression I was sleeping in the captains quarters of a 19th century frigate. Would love to stay again with my significant other.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dhthomas1002
Reviewed October 20, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Quality-Pro
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Receptionists spoke only basic English. The owner was not willing to carry my luggage to my room (I injured my wrist and could not carry mine with pains), and when I asked, he complained. I did not like that first impression on this place.

Room is very small. It is very strange that the bathroom has one floor - shower area and the bath area is NOT separated. So when you take shower, the water goes all over the bath area. I did not like it at all. They have a cheap IKEA alike curtain that does not work well.

Breakfast starts late (all other hotels in I stayed in Italy, breakfast time is from 7am), but this place offers breakfast as late as 8am. They have non-brand yogurt, cereals, bread (why German black bread is here in Italy?!!? - I saw many Germans here), rolls, and Italian dry crackers, jams, canned fruit (yes cheap), tea bags (Twinings), and coffee (the worst I had in Italy).

They did not change my towels (only 2 kinds) and when I mentioned the receptionist insisted that they did change. Not a nice word to hear as a customer, no?

I did not really enjoy the stay - but all other hotels were booked and I had no choice. I should have stayed in Mistre or somewhere in the mainland.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank PhiaPhia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a surprisingly nice place to stay at, and the staff was very nice and friendly to us! Room was nice for the price, and the bathroom was nice and clean as well. Breakfast was reasonable, standard meats and cheese and bread, boiled eggs, yoghurt and coffee/tea. You can eat outside as well in the courtyard if you wish! Wifi is free which was nice, and quite fast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nessarafaelalala
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We picked this one out sight unseen from the Internet and came away quite satisfied. We had a twin room with shared bath; three story walk-up at 80 euro/night. The room was small, 9'x15', with spartan furnishings but the beds were comfortable and everything was quite clean. There was a sink in our room too. The shared bath was very cramped but for an overnight stay, it served its purpose. We appreciated the shuttered windows that kept the morning sun away and our "upper room" was very quiet. The hotel was full but we heard no one. This is one hotel that provides A/C that really works and is controllable! The desk clerk was friendly; the breakfast attendant was a bit officious but kept the table stocked.
Speaking of the included breakfast buffet (8:00-9:30 am), it was adequate but nothing special. Store-bought pastry and breads, hard-boiled eggs, inexpensive sliced ham and cheese, yogurt, cereal and canned fruit cocktail. All the usual juices were on hand too. Quantity made up for quality.
One selling point is that it is well located; just 3-5 min walk from the San Tomo Vaporetto with easy access by water bus to St. Mark's, in one direction, and the train station/port access in the other. A good solid choice for accommodation in Venice.

Room Tip: Our upper story room was very quiet and the shuttered windows extended our night well into time for...