“Rude reception...”
Review of Bel Sito e Berlino

Bel Sito e Berlino
Ranked #73 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I completely agree with the last reviewer that the staff was great except for a rude male front desk person (I think his name is Andreo). When we first checked in he was rude and we noticed throughout our 3 day stay he continued to be unhelpful and dismissive. I thought maybe it was because we were Americans but I observed his rudeness to other travelers of all nationalities. The room was clean and quiet but smelled musty. I would not stay here again. I also submitted a review earlier but mysteriously (& noted by the previous reviewer) it has also not posted so I am resubmitting so others know not to expect a warm greeting at this "3 star."

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Angmullins

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is very convenient, comfortable and very clean. It was near to St Mark Square and our room overlooked the canal. The breakfast was lovely and all the staff were great apart from one male receptionist mentioned by other travellers. He was rude, abrupt and not helpful.
I thought that I had already submitted this review in September but cant find it.

Room Tip: Have not rated service because all were excellent apart from one
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just come back from a weekend break at this hotel. It's situated In a great location only a short walk from st marks square and the main areas of venice. The hotel itself was traditional but very clean with a new bathroom. The manger was very friendly and so were the staff at breakfast. I would recommend this hotel.

P.s there is a great American bar across from the hotel where the staff were great and the drinks were good value!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

On arrival to Venice board the water taxi route 1 and get off at stop 13 Giglio and just a minutes walk through an alleyway you are faced with a quaint square and you will find this gem of a hotel tucked up in the corner.Receptionists are truly friendly and always at hand. Our group of 8 had 4 rooms on the third floor. All rooms are beautifully furnished and the beds comfortable with the sheets changed each day. The bathrooms have recently been updated I imagine,super shower,sink and tastefully fitted tiles and all impeccably clean. On opening the door in the room 342 we were blessed with the most lovely terrace,full of plants and a bistro table and chairs where we enjoyed a glass of wine under the winter sunshine,with the church bells ringing close by which added to the wonderful ambience.Hotel location just perfect to explore this splendid city everything anyone wants is nearby. Breakfast is equally good but I do have to mention the coffee it is the best ever. If the Bel Sito e Berlino turned their restaurant and front outside terrace into a coffee shop the place would be packed.Thank You to everyone at Bel e Sito Berlino for a superb stay.

Room Tip: Room 342 has the most gorgeous terrace
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Beekell7
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've just returned from a beautiful 3 days in Venice. I found this hotel online and was very pleased with it.
I was always greeted by the friendly staff every time they saw me. Location is perfect to do all you need in Venice. As a lone female traveller I found the hotel to be secure and in safe surroundings.
The furnishings are all period furnishings which I truly appreciated. Opening your bedroom window onto the church across the way was magnificent.
Clean, crisp white sheets and towels. My room was cleaned everyday. Shower was clean and looked like has had modern refurb.
Breakfast is continental style with plenty of options. Coffee was lovely.
Venice is my 24th European city I've visited in the last 20 months. It is good value, great location, very friendly, helpful staff.
You can't ask for much more.
I hope to return again one day!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Jett S
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Wonderful location! It was quiet and the staff was friendly and very helpful. I went with a group of friends and it was nice to be able to stop off at the hotel throughout the day to freshen up, drop shopping off and take a break from the heat! Breakfast was very good and they also provided a taxi to Murano. Would definitely stay here again and have recommended it to friends and co-workers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Booked this hotel after reading reviews on trip adviser and was happy with my choice. Hotel prices in venice are shocking and this was reasonable in comparison. The hotel location is ideal its 5 mins walk from st mark's square and an ideal base. We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a 2 week trip to italy and i must say the hotel is fine, If we wanted to pay a fortune we could have stayed somewhere nicer im sure as is the case everywhere but we didnt spend much time in the hotel but when we did it was fine, clean, safe and ideal fo us. Breakfast was basic but fine and all you need really. Staff were friendly and professional always. Our room faced the fabulous church opposite the hotel and it was amazing to open ur curtains to it, i dont know where else ud get it. When u get off the water taxi at the stop for the hotel its really only a 2 minute walk even with big bags. I would recommend the hotel to friends and id stay there again myself.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple