“Will come again!”
Review of Hotel San Gallo

Hotel San Gallo
Ranked #117 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went there in end January. Arrived there in the PM.... Check-in was fast. There were four of us. So we booked room with 1 large bed plus 1 single bed and asked for 1 more extra bed. The room was lovely, beautiful and clean. We were admiring the deco :). Ensuite bathroom was clean too.

Location-wise was great. Near piazza san marco, rialto market, grand canal, hard rock café, and it is also near to the quaint little shops.

Love the breakfast. We are Muslim so we only opt for halal food (no meat)... but there were still plenty of other options and really filling- cereal, cakes, bread and butter/fruit jam/ nutella, bun, tarts, pies, pastries, yogurt, croissant, eggs, fruit juice, milk, coffee, and tea. Plus point... We could choose what type of coffee/ teas we want. I had cappuccino.

Overall, it was a great stay. Would definitely come back again! Only stayed for a night due to our packed schedule. Hope we can stay longer the next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel San Gallo

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at Hotel San Gallo for 5 nights over valentine’s weekend and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The location was pretty much perfect and close to both St Marks Square and the popular Rialto area.
As a few have pointed out there are a few steps to climb to get to the reception area, but to be fair, if you are visiting Venice for any length of time then you should be expecting a fair amount of walking and stair climbing anyway. We were accompanied to our room by the nice lady on reception; the walk involved us walking back down the stairs, outside and round the side of the building and through a secure side entrance. Our room had a large double bed, with en suite with shower and a well stocked mini bar. If anything the room was a little bit hot but we mentioned it to the staff and they advised us on how to turn it down. The room was very clean and was made up every day and our sheets were changed mid stay.
Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast: cereal, pain au chocolate, croissants with butter/jam/chocolate spread), bread (you can toast it), cheese, bread rolls, fruit salad. You can also have the choice of freshly made coffee/tea of your choice or fruit juice.
Overall I would definitely recommend the Hotel San Gallo to anyone looking to stay at a prime location in Venice, the staff were all very accommodating and you would be hard pressed to find somewhere that represents better value for money (And my wife is very fussy)!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven H
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that I did not stay in this hotel, but I am compelled to write a review about the staff, because they were so kind to me and my friends. We stayed in an apartment for the weekend, and our flight left late on Sunday, but we could not leave our bags in the apartment like we thought. We were there for Carnevale andSaturday was ruined for rain, and we really wanted to make the most of our remaining hours (and a vaporetto ride just to store our babysat Piazzle Roma was a waste of precious time and of money) and the very kind gentlemen let us store our bags in his lobby for several hours so that we could enjoy our Sunday at Carnevale. I am an American and I live in Italy and often travel around and I can tell you this sort of hospitality is rare. They watched our bags for us and asked for nothing in return!!

For those of you thinking about booking here, I would recommend it, it is in a GREAT location literally seconds from San Marco and all of the wonderful shops and sights of Venice (and the Hard Rock Cafe which is a God-send for us ex-pats!!!). The gentleman even gave us a map and some advice on what to do. I cannot speak for the rooms because I haven't stayed there yet, but the lobby was cute and neatly kept. Also, the hotel seemed to share a building with some glass blowers, which is amazing.

I will be back to Venice very soon and I will be booking here because of the staff's kindness. I will write another review as soon as I do :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessie L
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome. Despite being a solo traveller, I didn't feel lonely as the staff were chatty. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The air conditioning wasn't very cold so at times felt a bit too warm, but didn't spend too much time in there for it to matter. It was in a quiet place, but extremely close to St Marks Square, so a great location. Breakfast staff were also friendly and the food on offer was nice. Being served on the sheltered rooftop area was a pleasant way to start the day. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The staff here were very gracious and accommodating to us. The location is great, you can watch glass blowing in another part of the building, get a gondola ride a few steps away, close to San Marco AND the Grand Canal! We will come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

excellent location, easy to find and get to . There are stairs to the entrance but just take your time! Room small but what do you want? Spotlessly clean,comfy bed, very quiet . breakfast fine, staff very friendly and efficient. staff on duty all night by entrance to rooms, felt very safe and secure for single female traveller over 60!
good base for water buses and all attractions, eating out etc.
would definitely use again and recommend.

Room Tip: only a few rooms, obviously single traveller will be given smallest room, you could request a large...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank martinshaven
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in Hotel San Gallo.
The location was super, just a 2-3 minutes walk from San Marco square, and plenty of restaurants and shops near by.
The room looked exactly as on the photos, the decor was great and it was very clean.
The staff was great too, fluent in English, very helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was also good, plenty of food, sweet and salty.
The only 'negative' things were that the wifi was rather slow, and the hot water took some time to run. But this didn't affect our stay at all.
All in all, it was great value for money. I would definitely recommend Hotel San Gallo to anyone, and would surely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 21 on the top floor, and it was really nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple